View Poll Results: This is to test poll....

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • There will be forward slash\'s

1 25.00%
  • Testing with no slashes...

0 0%
  • \"Double quotes\"

1 25.00%
  • Weeeeeeee

2 50.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Donated Blood Today

Well since i turned 18 I ain't been able to donate.....
    • Had glandular fever - can't donate
    • Got a tattoo - banned for a year
    • Just less than a yr later - got another tattoo

otherwise I would have no probs with it....I actually (as weird as this sounds) like having blood taken.....is just weird watching it being sucked outta u
    then again as the tat's show I never have had a problem with needles

v_Ln

Sure, I donated blood for the first time a few months ago. The needle didn't hurt (actually it tickled), and I got to hold the blood bag afterward (a memeorable experience)

I need to schedule soon, actually...
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

I donate, just not right now.

I have had a tattoo, so I can't..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Rare blood types

My blood type is A-. I think only about 3% of the population has that. Besides the rhesus factor, there's also something known as the kell factor. It might have something to do with
    tissue typing, but there are other attributes as well.
    The protein chains on blood cells that make them one of the different types can be knocked off with certain enzymes, thus making any blood cell into O-. Still, I don't think they have it
    down to an exact science yet, and it's expensive to do.
    I've been donating since I was 18 and have had a few reactions, but I have received several t-shirts, free tickets to movies, and all the snacks and juice I want. The other benefit to
    donating regularly is that it can remove excess iron in the blood which can reduce the chance of heart attack significantly. Plus it's good karma.
    I've heard in most cases you're given a general anesthetic before they extract marrow, and after the procedure it just aches in your hip area where it was extracted kind of like if you fell, or strained a muscle around there. I've never done it myself, but I probably will.
    Thanks to everyone who donates! Blood donors are quiet heros!

v_squared_over_r

Yeah. I've had bone marrow biopsies, and it isn't pleasant. For a transfusion I believe they just do an aspirate, which isn't as bad as the procedure for a full tissue biopsy. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to donate bone marrow to save someone's life. BTW they can also dope you up real good, and you'd hardly notice
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion