Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: americans on site ignorant?

Question americans on site ignorant?

why do people use bad words and give me - points. i try to have peolple under stand other people point of view. i mean not to hurt feelings of others or say bad stuff about memory people have of lost loves. i try only to get people to undersatnd that usa may not be fixing problem the right way.

i notice that anything that talks about america, you american peolple bomnbard with - points. why not be open to people comments and opinions and allow others to speak. doesnt your legislation allow people free to talk and to say opinion?

I am pretty sure you'er not going to like what happens next.

Cheers:
    DjM

Re: americans on site ignorant?

Originally posted here by User3471
    why do people use bad words and give me - points. i try to have peolple under stand other people point of view. i mean not to hurt feelings of others or say bad stuff about memory people have of lost loves. i try only to get people to undersatnd that usa may not be fixing problem the right way.

i notice that anything that talks about america, you american peolple bomnbard with - points. why not be open to people comments and opinions and allow others to speak. doesnt your legislation allow people free to talk and to say opinion?

OK, this is twice you've posted the same paragraph whining about Antipoints. I think you are about to learn that the users of AO are sick and tired of people whining about Antipoints. It gets you nowhere but banned in a hurry. For more information about this, try searching the forums a little.
    - Maverick

Didn't you learn anything from Netsyn's reply to the post you just deleted!!!
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

I haven't bombed you with points, but I will say this. It's so easy for non-Americans to tell Americans what we're doing wrong. However, no matter what anyone says. European countries especially don't have any good answers nor do they show us in actions.

Europe considers the US mainly their rent-a-cop military so they can offer social programs because every drop of the GNP goes goes to these programs rather than military spending.

In short, and this is not meant to be taken as a slam to Europe or you, but your ideas are a little to liberal.

Example, we want to get rid of Iraq (the government), everyone else would have us wait to see if we can solve it diplomatically. By that time when the US get's nuked and it wrecks the world's economy it will be to late.

In closing, there are many view points - try to put your views in our perspective and we should do the same.

Luck
    Luck--TSM
    Atlanta, GA

You know, a lack of compassion stating the plane wrecks were accident was a bad way to start. Whining about antipoints is a worse way to follow it up. You really should have just cut your losses w/ the first bad thread and moved along. Don't wallow in self pity. This site has a great deal to offer. If you get negged for something and didn't deserve it, well then sorry to hear that. However, if you would like to learn, then kick back, read alot and just relax. Don't worry about the points system and avoid political subjects. You will be more likely to be a member of the site longer that way.

Regards, and hope this helps.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

It is not because Americans are ignorant. When somebody comes from another country, hijacks some airliner jets, and targets major sites in the U.S., it makes Americans tend to get very sore and thus patriotic.

While you are free to speak your mind and tell us your perspective on the matter (or other matters), you have to be ready to get an answer, even answers that will probably not agree with yours. Now to complain that you got bombed with negative antipoints will only make things considerably worse for you. While you need understanding of the matter, follow what others have suggested; do some research and see what happened.

As for America not fixing the problem correctly, is all subjective and is subject to heated debate. IMHO, America is still regrouping and is preparing for the worst... however, as Americans, we need to stay strong and be proud. Not everybody will agree with that, but I happen to like freedom

Banned
    Forget the stupid plane issue. Why must people give power to stupidty? This American pride crap is stupid. I live in America and I could care less if im american or aribian, or european. It doesn't matter! Life is life and the world is being over populated. I say kill about 6 billion people then everythings fine!

Yes, people may disagree with me for these comments... give me negative points, but it hardly matters to me because this is just the internet! Why are people so stupid? Who cares where your from. I agree more with the person who posted this thread than the responses to it. I believe it more proves his point than any of yours.

Now that I have said what needed to be said I will not say anymore. Do what you will and if you choose to act childish and go off on these "pride" issues then go ahead. It's not my fate.

Take chefer's words to heart. I don't blame you for having an opinion that is not in line with my own and I won't neg you for your opinion. I would also take Maverick811's words to heart regarding antipoints.

As for my nation... We are not perfect and we will make mistakes. We do our best to avoid mistakes, but things still happen. Can you say your nation is perfect? Can you say your opinion is perfect? I doubt anyone can answer yes to either question truthfully.

You came... you spoke you mind... the people have ruled. Our Bill of Rights you refer to only protects the people from the government, not the people from the people.
    The more I deal with people, the more I LOVE my computer.

Re: americans on site ignorant?

Originally posted here by User3471

Well, I'm a newbie, so I'm still analyzing the point thing.

Look, I guess MANY (not all) Americans are understandably very touchy right now. Perhaps ( AND PLEASE I DON'T WISH THIS ON ANYONE, ESPECIALLY SWEDEN!!!!) if murderers had flown airliners into Stockholm's largest building and killed a very significant number of Swedes, then you would have a better understanding of why we are a bit touchy.

Frankly, we (at least the Americans with whom I associate) totally reject and tend to react very negatively when someone - ANYONE - provides in conversation - either written or verbal - that the US somehow deserved the things that happened on 9/11. Also, the same "we" believe that we will attempt to take into consideration all our friends' concerns all around the world. HOWEVER, we reserve the right to use any and all means that our elected representatives can approve to elminate this threat. Furthermore (again the same) "we" are not really happy to hear/read insinuations that we are somehow ignorant.

No American enjoys having our government's focus outside of our borders. But frankly folks, I'm surprised at our restraint. I think that our government is holding back the American people from really doing what "we" want to do. Well, grace prevents me from describing WHAT "we" want to do in this particular forum. Let your imaginations run their course.