Thread: H2K2 underway

H2K2 underway

the 4th non-annual H2K2 (Hope 2002) hackers convention is underway in NYC, at the Pennsylvania Hotel on 7th Ave.

Hackers here will flaunt their skills, for all to see, and scoff at attempts to secure networks.

Lectures will be given on a number of topics ranging from "Fun with 802.11", too "The DeCSS Story". Admission is 50 dollars for general admission.

http://www.h2k2.net

i guess its time to keep a real close watch on thse logfiles.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Thumbs down grr arg

$50!!!! WTF is that man jeeessz..... Heh 40% of them will be undercover FBI anyway so i dont care.... You will not see me there, thats for sure!!

yea! 40% will be fbi, 32% NSA, 20% nypd...LoL

while for just 35 dollars you can get the advice of the expert Man-heim j/k. you pay 50 bucks to take your girl to see a movie and get something to eat. 50 bucks ainy **** these days.

i don't think ill be going, i just heard about it today,maybe sunday if i get bored, it might be interesting, and it is security related.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Smile ...

I just think something like that should be free....

Im going there as I live fairly close and will be on the lookout for FBI agents. I'd love to show off my skill's and whatnot and it should be fun.

Banned

Re: grr arg

Originally posted here by NUKEM6
    $50!!!! WTF is that man jeeessz.....
    I understand that have expenses they have to cover, but then again for their turn outs at $50. a piece, why do they need everything else donated, and their personell to be volunteers? http://www.h2k2.net/volunteering.html. Where is all the profits going? I thought we would get some special treatment for volunteering as Security at the last event, but seriously. I found myself working more like a physical mover, than security. carried and set up nearly 20 PC's. I would do it again, but it is not a walk in the sun...

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    yea! 40% will be fbi, 32% NSA, 20% nypd...
    I wasn't aware of that equation.... I guess it makes sense..

Smile anyone can send me notes from h2k2?

I have interest about the h2k2, but I could not attend it.
    Anyone got powerpoint notes and can send it to me to
    chungonluk@i-urban.com.hk

thx!

I wish I could go, I live in Indiana and can't get there, sometimes it's just a hard knoc life isn't it? But like all things, this too shall pass.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

Personally, my guess is the $50 is to keep it from being filled to the rafters with lamers and skiddiots. If you charge $50, then most people who are there have a real reason to be there, and can add something to the program, instead of making it a laughing stock in the security world.

Just my .02

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.