Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: internet attacks rise

internet attacks rise

internet attacks went up from 25 times a week to 32 times a week most of them coming from Israel and Hong Kong.
    FreeBSD, the best OS out there.......not to mention the most stable also.......

Exclamation he ah her ger sler fer mer

I don’t think that attacks have resin I just think that more have been caught. Probably like 75% of all computer brake-ins are not reported or never logged for one reason or another?

Exclamation How do we know the location?

My question is, how do they really know the location? The attack could be coming from Israel, but that computer could be a soldier computer in a DDoS attack? I mean, without catching the person, how do you know where they are from?
    BEGIN VIRUS.EXE
    There is no spoon, but you yourself that bends...
    END VIRUS.exe

every computer can be traced as long as the source (attacker) is still there, every computer has a special # like an IP # so it is possible to trace an attacker or any computer as long as u know what u are looking for................................. i used to do that but i do not want to disscuss what i used to do with my team...........................................................
    FreeBSD, the best OS out there.......not to mention the most stable also.......

this information was probably given by a site run by security consultants, promoting their service, but without links, or more informatiom, its hard to tell.

worm attacks like nimda, sadmind and the code reds are usually included in these statistics so this does not IMHO, represent a true picture of hacking activity.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The number of computers and computer literate people are also on the rise so it only makes sense that cyber crime would rise to.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Lightbulb Another point of view

Ok, why would they be attacking us? Most of the attacks that have happened are against home users. Which would indicate either 1 a proxy or 2 stupid hackers. If you are or have been in the underground you should know an attack against a home user computer is a waste of time. They have no useful info, unless you know the person. Therefore many of the IP's traced there are just proxy servers. Also, another concept, do you think Isreal is calling up Sun MicroSystems buying Mass UNIX systems for a major attack against the US? No, Any computers they have are going to be old Windows machines or even older systems. Their technology isnt as advanced as ours. Hong Kong has alot more money and is more logical for getting computers for actual hacking. But Isreal no. Just something I thought I might add in here. Hope it gets some people relizing that just because we in America have computers doesnt mean there is going to be a Cyber-Terrorist War from a poverty stricken country.
    -LiquidCh@os
    Liquid Ch@os
    CEO
    SiliconVex Data Systems

Is there really?

How would you trace a computer that isnt even there? A guy with a laptop and a pcmcia card that allows a wireless connection is setup outside a building that has a wireless lan. He hijacks an active session spoofs his mac and ip address, proxies through three servers before finally attacking his target. When all logs are erased, he shuts his laptop down, closes it and goes for his favorite bevarage at the bar. Whoa...hey...I have dibs on that movie idea.

Thumbs down Old Windoze machines?

Old windoze machines are the only available ones? I tend to agree, but to say that b/c they're not UNIX machines, that doesn't mean that they're not GNU/Linux machines. A GNU/Linux machine can run on a computer that use to be relegated to Win 3.1. GNU/Linux puts the power of a UNIX box into anyones hands that choose to use it...
    BEGIN VIRUS.EXE
    There is no spoon, but you yourself that bends...
    END VIRUS.exe

Let me rephrase. Do you think they have the knowledge to use them? It takes a long time to become a hacker, you dont do it overnight with a training course on how to ping flood. Ive been a Net Admin for 4 years and I still find things that I dont know in networking. They are "Hackers" at all. Just users told to do something stupid.
    -LiquidCh@os
    Liquid Ch@os
    CEO
    SiliconVex Data Systems