Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Promotion

Self Promotion

Here's a thread I didn't think i'd be writing..... I was RIF'd yesterday(Reduction In Force), layed off, downsized, rightsized, whatever you weant to call it, along with a few other people. So I'm looking for something new and hopefully exciting job.. If any one has an opening for an experienced LAN/WAN administrator who also specializes in security then shoot me an email at wanman@adelphia.net. I will forward a resume.

Thanks in advance.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

The Iceman Cometh
    Which side of the US do you live on? I may be able to help you find something out here if you want to migrate down to Southern California. Quite a few of the businesses I consult for are looking for experienced admins.

AJ

EDIT: Sorry to hear about the "downsizing". I have seen a lot of old friends and colleagues get brought down over the past year. You'll make it though.. it sounds like you have a lot of good experience, and I can attest that you know what you're talking about. :-)

Korp sorry to hear about that same happened to me about a week ago. Good LAN WAN people are hard to find sure it will work out for you. As for me I am looking to return to public service with the skills. May not be top dollar but at least it is stable.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Thanks for the vote of confidence, all. I'm not too concerned just yet. I have a few solid prospects and the time to pursue them. It's all good.

I've been in worst situations before. It's just the bills weren't as high, if you know what I mean.

Still, any leads or assistance anyone can give would be very appreciated.

Thank you, Antionline members. And thank you, JP, for this very cool site.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Thats too bad Korp. But there are plenty of online resources. One good one is the cnet list of tech jobs, you might find you want something a little different, they've got tons of jobs. SOrry, I don't know the address, only my sister used that, and trying going to sites that are for your city/area, I got a job by looking at a loacl site that had banners for prospective employees. And another thing, if you're free for now, you might want to learn some more online, you could get more info, maybe impress people at your new job. And lots of cities are trying to get WANs ready for widespread use by public employees and schools. My school does, my city's WAN is for all public employees and schools, and they are spending tons trying to get it up and running, so you might want to call around and see if any local computer companies or government branches are hiring. GL with a new job. BTW did you try posting on monster?

EDIT: And I just remembered that antionline has a career center, though I don't know how many employers browse that list. Best chance, post at monster. My friend got a job from there, they paid him lots to relocate, gave him a great job, all kinds of benefits. Try monster!

Banned
    Greetings:

And as always, everyone can send their resume to iwannajob@antionline.com Who knows.........

Yea, try monster. I got a job from there, it is pretty useful. But a good idea would be to go online and look for government jobs that you can apply for. I found some a long time ago, usually you can do a search in google for something like "government IT job" or something similar and get pointed to an appilcation or instructions to apply. GL gettin a job. BTW some companies also have online preliminary application forms, to submit your name for consideration and then you send in a resume later. Try look for online applications.

Being out of work for 6 months after 9-11, I can appreciate your pain. Along with monster, try hotjobs, dice, and careerbuilder.com. All of them provided me with great leads (most of which I was underqualified for). But nothing beats the old newspaper, as many employers will still advertise the old fashioned way.
    Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn\'t die in vain. He died in Washington D.C.

sorry 2 hear bout that korp :-S