Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sys Admin Appreciation Day

Sys Admin Appreciation Day

Let us all acknowledge the forgotten hereos of the machine room. Check it out .

http://www.sysadminday.com/
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Does this mean secretaries finally have to buy us a gift?
    --m0use

Lovely idea smirc .. unfortunately in my organization I'm likely to get ........ You guessed it, more work for the weekend :-)
    Just finished a 2 part Linux firewalling tutorial using Firestarter (basic and advanced customization) .....

Uh errr not sys admin anymore am one of those old expensive types I was included a few years is Admistrative assistant day flowers and all Wow lunch with the boss wife like the flowers and thought first year I had a babe NOT
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Oh! If only it were true! And even then, office is closed between july 5th and 29th... argh! I (we) just can't win!

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

LOL!!! that was so funny! think it'll ever catch?

i like the fourth block
    (give system admin day greetings "systems down" "systems down to you to")

very nice!
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Originally posted here by qwerty_smith
    LOL!!! that was so funny! think it'll ever catch?
    I don't think it will. However, I recieved a different article from the secretary in our office. The article that was sent to me stated "Have you hugged your geek lately?" and I replied back "I'd rather get a check". If you would like to read the article that was sent to me. It can be viewed here: http://www.msnbc.com/news/784198.asp

Thumbs up

Finally a day of recognition. I will show my appreciation to my staff by taking them out for a round of beers. Thank you for this post.

Originally posted here by ddesanti
    I will show my appreciation to my staff by taking them out for a round of beers.
    May I inquire as in how I can be included in your offer of festivity? I wish my company could be that generous. All the secretaries recieved concert tickets for Sec day. I don't see us techies getting anything.

Oh! If only it were true! And even then, office is closed between july 5th and 29th... argh! I (we) just can't win!
    Okay, somehow the fact that your office is closed for a month and you not winning is not adding up...what could you possibly want MORE than almost a month off?

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.