Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE6 problem!!

IE6 problem!!

I'm running WinME on my laptop(PIII 600), last day I updated my IE to IE 6, after that when I open my Yahoo! mail, the website always refresh! I cannot read any mail! even worse, I cannot open my hotmail account! I never have those problem before! I really have no idea what's wrong with my computer, any one can give me some idea! thanks!!
    I\'d found my best love, but I didn\'t treasure her. I felt regretful after that. It\'s the ultimate pain in the world. If God can give me a chance, I will tell her three word: \"I love you\". If God wanna give me a time limit, I\'ll say this love will last 10 thousand years!

Old Fart
    The first thing I would do is attempt a repair, if that option is available in IE 6.0. If it is, it will be listed in 'add/remove programs' in your control panel. If it appears on the list, then click the add/remove button and it should present you with a repair option. I'm not gonna swear this is even an option, due to my unfamiliarity with WinME...I know it WON'T work with XP, as 6.0 doesn't even appear in the list. If nothing else, you can always try to re-download the upgrade.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

The Iceman Cometh
    I think it's your Privacy settings. Go to "Tools" in IE, and click "Internet Options". Click on the privacy tab and (for now) adjust it to accept all cookies. If the site works, then find of level of security which suits your needs and still allows you to access Yahoo.

AJ

I tried to accept all cookies by adjust privacy tab. but I can not saved that setting, after I clicked "OK" to quite Internet Options windows, it doesn't work and I checked the Internet Options again, found that privacy tab setting restore to the setting before I changed.
    I\'d found my best love, but I didn\'t treasure her. I felt regretful after that. It\'s the ultimate pain in the world. If God can give me a chance, I will tell her three word: \"I love you\". If God wanna give me a time limit, I\'ll say this love will last 10 thousand years!

Are you hitting the the apply button after changing your settings? You need to do that make the changes.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

you can go degrade it to ie5

Hi mom!
    Try to use Windows Update: http://windowsupdate.com - If that doesn't work, get rid of Windows ME, and install -any- other OS. Fixes 3/4 of your problems.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

lol
    If that doesn't work, get rid of Windows ME, and install -any- other OS. Fixes 3/4 of your problems.
    that's funny guus, but ya, if you've tried all the other advice here and it still dont work, get rid of me, get 2000 or something, i wouldnt suggest xp home either, its toooooo user friendly!!!
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

Try this out if not set your settings back to default and restart ie

Workaround
    To work around this problem, click Default on the Privacy tab of Internet Options. You can then temporarily move the Privacy slider to Allow All Cookies (if you want the particular Web site to be able to set or read a cookie on your computer) or Block All Cookies (if do not want the particular Web site to be able to set or read a cookie on your computer), refresh the Web page, and then set your privacy settings back to Advanced or Import your Internet Explorer privacy preferences (.xml) file again.

If you imported an Internet Explorer privacy preferences file that specified an action of "prompt for cookies", you may need to completely remove the custom-imported settings and restore the default privacy settings.

For additional information about how to remove customized privacy settings that were imported, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    Q301689 How to Restore Default Settings After Importing Custom Privacy Preferences

thanks all, I tried all of your way, but still not work, so I have to uninstall my IE6! and now I don't know if I should update my ie6 again!! IE6 is good or not, I really don't know! several months ago I update my friend's IE5 to IE6, and then he cannot goes to Internet!! IE6 always give me some "surprise" that I can not accept!