Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Band Ever

sublime or NIN or pearl jam is my favorite band.
    i like 90's grunge in general (soundgarden, nirvana). Queen was great. early korn was awesome.

But it all started with the beatles.
    \"A humanitarian is always a hypocrite.\" -George Orwell

Heh...I agree most of the "seniors" here that this thread, infact, should have been posted in a different forum. But whatever, I'm not pissed on to even worry about it much . And for the "best band award" from my side, I'd honestly have to say any band that's main way of getting their message across is good for me as long as it doesn't inclue:
    • bitchez
    • hoez
    • niggaz
    • playaz
    • pimpz
    • bragging about 50+ women at his/their disposal

Other then that, I'm really quite open to all kinds of music - from instrumental (Tool, Yanni), to rap (Eminem, Jurrasic5, ect) to heavy/gothic/death metal (Slipknot, Marylin Manson, Cannibal Corpse), to even the "odd ones out", yet who still have quite leet music (Deftones, System of A Down, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc.).

And as for Negative liking the classics. Thats all good and well, but, honestly now... That music USED to be good (some of it still is - I cherrish my LedZepplin/KISS/Beatles Cd's), but they had their time... Does it really matter who inspired who? Look at Rage for instance... or KoRn. Who inspired them? Sounds like practically everybody - all come together to make sweet sweet music.

Geh... the Beach Boys? What are you people...nuts?
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

has everyone forgotten ACDC? come on here people, its surpising that anyone could think that recent korn is great, and joey_batch_file, why everclear, ya sure sparkle and fade was a good album but uh, they didn't come back wit the same style, they went to more of a pop style, and they're no good now.

lowtripp? bad religion really isn't punk, if you want to hear punk download err i mean buy swingin utters or youth brigade, i guess if you want mainstream punk you could always get pennywise or mxpx

coolnads, your right, if you listen to the beatles then to todays music the influences are obvious, sure elvis was really the first to do 'rock and roll' but the beatles revolutionized it and now everybody today has parts of the beatles style...

so my vote for best rock band is ACDC
    and my opinion for best punk band is probly pennywise
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

simply put:

Sublime

they played everthing from blues to punk and ska not to mention acoustic stuff
    what is love but contempt for hate?

Well mine goes by time of my life

from like 10-19 it was nirvana
    and from 19-now i would have to say a tie between Radiohead and Portishead

I also like alot of other **** like sonic youth, the melvins, mudhoney,hole,dj dara, Capital J, ak1200 ect. ect. ect
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

zep/floyd/black sabbath..... all 3 are equil in my book....
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

ZZ TOP, Primus, or Prodigy 3 totaly different groups all the best in their type o' music

-> the best band, EVER, no contest, in the history of recorded music has to be and always was-- <<connection reset by peer>>
    Obey All Orders Without Question...The comfort you\'ve demanded is now mandatory. --Jello Biafra

My vote will go to def leppard always

Banned
    this is coming from a songwriter, that is just what i do do. i lived in bands for the past 4 years. hell, i am even playing a show on saturday in front of about 600 people. f#@k yeah!

but it depends on what you mean by best band. all these factors make a great band:
    - songwriting skills
    - style
    - originality
    - talent
    - stage show
    - just plain coolness
    - lyrics
    - meaning/heart

you cant just take a band at face value because you saw there music video. you have dig deeper than that. For instance, someone said that Dave Mathiews is great. yeah, maybe he is a great songwriter, but he looks stupid on stage, is a big dork, and has no drive behind his music whatsoever.

my votes are:

Guns 'n' Roses: the coolest people i have ever seen, the best stage show, and they produce albums which are rock n roll masterpieces.

TOOL: probably the most original band i have ever heard and they are all musical genuises.

Misfits/Samhain/Danzig: (needs no explanation. Danzig is just the man)