Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Band Ever

Strapping Young Lad... Devin Townsend is a musical genius, everything he has ever played a part in is special in some way, but SYL is unique - it is so full on and angry. If you think Korn sound pissed off, go check SYL out.

All bands are based on The Beatles, so The Beatles are the best band in the world. Listen to the way they evolved over time. Really amazing !

Greetz,
    HackySack

Re: The Greatest Band Ever

Originally posted here by mrkangaroo
    Im sorry for posting this but i got into an argument with a co-worker over the greatest band ever. I just wanted to know who you think the greatest band ever is????

My vote
    Led Zeppelin

Thanx

Originally posted here by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    Rage Against The Machine......

Also, this might of been better off in the general chit chat forum....

Originally posted here by allenb1963
    Ok...maybe not the greatest overall, but definitly the best LIVE band ever....PINK FLOYD!!
    All excellent choices. I think the ramones, the doors and the Who are also worth a mention.

Originally posted here by lowtripp
    what? nobody likes tool. if you want the greatest band of the young generation....then tool is definately up there.

by the way...best punk band: Bad Religion
    tool is great and so is bad religion (i saw em in concert ), but if you are talking about the best punk band, you have to go back to when it all started - Something like the ramones, clash, pistols, dead kennedys.

Originally posted here by mrkangaroo
    Im really glad there is such a broad taste of music out there. Im gonna name another awesome band not on here. Not my favorite but definately one of the Greatest bands i ever heard....

Sick of It All

These guys are insane
    Sick of it all is badass...They never were popular, but they are definately one of the best hardcore bands.

it saddens me that pretty much all the votes thusfar have been for main-stream bands

are there no prog-rock fans here? no votes for Dream Theater or Rush? even Yes?

you really cant beat prog-rock for "smart" music; its lyrically solid(most of the time :-P), musically complex(with actual MUSIC as oposed to looped beats and such), and has some of the absolutly most tallented players EVER.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Definately Megadeth. They defined speed metal.
    Or maybe U2. I cant decide. Depends if I am feeling mellow, or psychotic.

If you want speed metal my vote goes for Fear Factory. They are sick........

Thumbs up

Tha spice girls are the best in my opinion
    hehe

5150 - Yeah I agree as far as live performances Dave Matthews isn't the most entertaining band to see, lots of meaning in their songs but he does just stand there through most songs. But they asked who was the best band ever, not who was the best live band. If you go for best live band then it could really come down to how much money they have to spend on the show to make it exciting if you're just looking for something exciting. My definition of a good live band is a band who can sound the same live as they do in the studio, a band that actually has talent as opposed to one that needs special mixing and hours of recording to get one song sounding right. Little Feat is a good live band, you might not like the music they play but they have the talent to play live and make it sound good, Dave is the same, all the songs they play are just as good live as they are on the studio recordings, in fact I enjoy the live cds more than some of the studio cds.
    Reality is the one who has it wrong, not you

Tool and Pink Floyd are my votes.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

I definately like sublime, but as for greatest band ever...

Motorhead. Followed closely by Jethro Tull.