Thread: Can I learn how to catch hackers?

Can I learn how to catch hackers?

I want to know how to catch hackers but I don't know where to start.

Your post shows no interest whatsoever, it seems like you just want some program that says "click here to catch a hacker." But if you want to, look into the following webpage, it has some good books on doing it.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...567060-5612938

It's a link for a book called "Network Intrusion Detection" - should get you off on the right foot.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

armyofone, I do not want a program, I want to learn. I am deeply offended you said that. Thanks for the link though
    -nielad2001

Hi mom!
    Did you read JP's How To Be A Profiler section? It's a nice read.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Invest in an IDS... unless you have one particular hacker you want to "catch in the act". In that case I suggest you do some reading - Hacking Exposed is a book id recommend.
    freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude

freedom aint free

with a hacker-trap. the real question is what do you do with them once, you have them? i keep mine in a jar above my bed.

as off-the wall as this sounds - it's not far from the truth. i'd suggest also looking at/searching for honeypot techniques.
    -droby10

Just remember if you go looking for trouble you’ll most likely find it. Sometimes more than you can handle. Other wise happy hunt-in
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.