Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hacking bill update

If they think you have material that is copyrighted, then they (like everyone else) need to go to the police and obtain a search warrent and physically be there. Why does hollywood think that they can just take a shortcut around the justice system? We do have laws and amendments to protect us against things of this nature. Even if this is passed, I will not leave my network open for them. They will just have to come a' knockin at my door like every one else, with the proper search warrents no less!
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

This really makes me think that the American public at large needs to pay more attention to their civil liberties.If they don't we'll only be seeing more things like this.
    \"Progress and conduct: I\'m afraid that I am severly dissapointed in God\'s works. All three of him have shown no tendency to improve and He merely sits at the back of the class talking to himselves. He has shown no interest in rugger, asked to be excused prayers, and moves in a mysterious way.\" - Ferndean School Report on God - The brand new Monty Python Book.

Amendment IV ........ The constitution is clear. It's the politicians who are confused.
    LOL..... If you think the Constitution is anything more than a suggestion, you're living on the wrong planet. 9 of the first 10 Amemdments have been blatently, obviously, and egregiously trampled upon by our government. (The only one that hasn't is #3, quartering of troops in our homes.) The government of 2002 bears no resemblance to the institution described in the Constitution, and hasn't for over 150 years.... since the Civil War. The law is whetever 5 people on the Supreme Court say it is, and they say what they're paid to say.

bottom line is, we are in the beginnings of a police state, and it seems the rights we once cherished and loved is now becoming a relic.
    We've *been* living in a police state for a very long time, but people looked the other way because it didn't affect them. But everybody is sitting up and taking notice now because it's coming home to roost in THEIR neighborhood instead of somebody else's. That's all that's new.

Talk to any of the thousands of people who have has their money, property, businesses, and livelihood confiscated under the 1984 RICO Act. Like the store owner who had his entire cash register and safe confiscated because a drug dog got a hit on a bill in the register, although a 1989 study estimated that over 70% of the bills in circulation had cocaine residue on them from pervious owners. Or the guy who got reported to the DEA by a ticket agent and had $9000 in cash confiscated and his bank account frozen because he paid cash for a plane ticket to Houston. Or the scout master who was shot in the bathtub and paralyzed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms because one of his boy scouts told his father the scout master had a hand grenade in the house. It was a lead-filled souvenir from Vietnam being used as a paper weight.

Oh yeah.... no charges were ever filed against any of those people. And yes, they are real people. I didn't make them up. And I can give you 100 more just like them if you want.

The government can seize your house, car, boat, bank account, computer, and business on suspicion of a crime or on the tip of an informant, and you do not have to be charged with a crime. They use an ancient legal theory which holds that the property is guilty of the crime instead of the owner, so they "arrest" the property instead of the person. And since the person is never charged, they classify it as a civil proceeding instead of criminal so that you have no right to an attorney and no right to a jury. You have to sue at your own expense and prove your innocence to get your property back.

Little known fact: In 1982, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted to disband the BATF for blatant and outrageous violations of citizenz' Constitutional rights and generally running around shooting people and acting like the Terminator. It didn't come to pass in the full Senate because no other agency would accept the transfer of the discredited agents, and the politicians couldn't find anything to do with their stable of Rambos. Waco, anyone?
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

No Change

[i] Originally posted Even if this is passed, I will not leave my network open for them. They will just have to come a' knockin at my door like every one else, with the proper search warrents no less! [/B]
    I agree with Cross. I will not change what I do on the internet. I have mp3's on my computer! If I havn't been caught by now why would a law change that. Think about the millions of people in violation of internet law right now. 1 in 32 adults are in jail or on parol. If these laws were well enforced it would be my guess 1 in 20. And I really don't think the goverment is going to let it's computer work force all be sent to jail becouse they run a firewall.
    \"To this point my little nusance, I have tracked you down, I know your name, I know your favorite ISP. I have gone to extreme lengths to understand you.\" -EPiC

seems to me were all talken allot a talk. what do you all plan to do about it? vote for the "other" party the other one of the two thats not in power at the moment? then we could have a different flavor to it, but the same damme thing is going to happen.

if we just dont vote, all it's going to say is we dont care what happens. the fact is we do.

me, im voting for anybody that isn't democrat or republican, libertarian where i can, but any other party will do in a pinch. At least my vote will say...i want you bastards OUT.

its time we stoped thinking "two party system". .theres only one

anybody got any ideas for action?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Amen Tedob. I agree....this is very very scarry. I don't use kazza anymore, however, i do frequent mirc. I have a firewall and virus scanner on my home pc. Does this mean that I will be targeted cause i have mp3's and other music formats on my comp? I would say 90% of the files on my comp are those that I have cd's for, however I do have others that I have downloaded cause i want to hear the artist before i buy or because I don't like any other of the artists' songs but the one or two. I for one have always voted independent. Thats how i am registered. I will vote for whoever is against this outrage.
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.