View Poll Results: What platform do you use for your personnal computer ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • MAC

0 0%
  • Linux or any other Unix system

8 72.73%
  • Microsoft

3 27.27%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do Without A Computer?

The Iceman Cometh
    Honestly, I would be quite upset because I do most of my research online, even just to find physical books or periodicals which I need as sources. I'd also be somewhat sad considering I'd also lose a lot of friends (which I could live with considering I have a lot of "real" friends as well, but it'd be more difficult to get a hold of them as well). Finally, I just think I'd go crazy because what else is going to provide me with this sort of unending intellectual stimulation?!?!

AJ

/me shivers at the thought of having to use library computers with deep freeze
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I have had mine taken away before...but if the government made it illegal to have one and i had to give it up.. i would just ride bmx and probably be like 100% better because i would ride like 14 hours a day...

If something happened to my computer I think I'd be in real danger of getting a life .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

If i didnt have my Computer......I'd be in the Sanatarium.....Or Dead.....1 of the 2

i've went w/o a computer or internet for about 3 or 4 days because of power problems in my house. By the time that third day rolled around I was feeling really stressed, jumpy, and edgy. Its a bit easier to go w/o the internet, as I can always work on my lan or use World Craft to make some new HL levels. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to computers, esp since im taking my laptop with to me Las Vegas for vacation. 4 days w/o out it, not if I can help it!
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old Fart
    Where would I be without my computer? The Betty Ford Center....I just hope they have a program for ecrack, 'cause that's what my computer is to me.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Oh ! it will be a cruel world, if I am with no computer. Am so much addicted to Age of empires.. and what about my friends..

Huh! Without a computer? Can't live without them.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

I´d be climbing the walls and then go out and gett piss drunk and probably break in somewhere for a new puter.. I hope my two never dies at the same time. Jail sucks
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile