Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluffy Bunny No Longer

Fluffy Bunny No Longer

Found and interesting article about a hacking group called fluffy bunny that were planning to take down the Internet's 13 domain-name root servers in a massive DDos attack using 12,000 high-bandwidth systems operated by Akamai.

You can read more here: http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,54040,00.html

The Iceman Cometh
    Good read. I thought you were posting it sayng that they'd struck again because, not only was AntiOnline down, but a lot of other security and technology news-related sites have been down yesterday and today. I rememeber hearing about them a lot last year... I'd actually completely forgotten about them until now.

AJ

good article cwk9.. thanks for the link..
    I went off searching google for "fluffy bunny" + hacker and found all kinds of stuff..
    one was a cached article that mentioned that they sometimes use Fluffi Bunni as well..

avdven.. which other sites did you see down ?

That was interesting. I never heard of Fluffy Bunny before, but kept up with other defacers at Alldas and Attrition to see what trends they make, what OS's they focus on, etc. It's kind of fun really. It's not too often you hear of defacers getting arrested, but it seems to be more of the case nowadays which is a good thing

I, despte being rather loosely knit into the community, have heard an awful lot about Fluffy Bunny (or, you're right, Fluffi Bunny).. they were notoroious (the term used as nicely as possible) defacers, and could be seen all over the internet for about 5 years (that number might be a bit askew, things online have the habit of getting twisted about).. but they always left the same calling card, a large JPG or GIF or other image of a pink rabbit (picture the energizer bunny with a drinking habit) on the front of the site they hit, and they usually left a political message along with the image, or included in the image... Check out some mirrors for more accurate descriptions of what they did, and study up because they were... well, good.
    Hic ego barbarus, sum quillo non intelligor illis.
    Because they do not understand me, I am a barbarian.

sounds to me like their challanging fluffy bunny.

why would anyone want to hack Akamai. simple buisness folk who do nothing by suck up bandwidth with streaming media ads. hacking them just wouldn't be right, tactical nukes would be so much more effective

You gotta love the way wired discribes Akamai's job discription, i need them to write my resume.

"These systems are designed to speed up Web surfers' access to content "

instead of saying

these systems are designed to cram advertising down you throat

Heres a couple of 'bookmarks for them:

127.0.0.1 a4.g.akamai.net

127.0.0.1 a388.g.akamai.net
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I've heard of them for a LONG while. They defaced that one guy's site who got in trouble for stealing money or some junk... what was his name? I made a post about it a while back. Oh well.

was that the guy who claimed his 'gang' hacked OBL's bank accounts?

wired did an article on him too, if thats who your talking about, big fat dude
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

big fat dude
    Does that not describe a large percentage of computer hackers.

Do you mean kimble?
    take a look at his page and laugh a bit. kimble´s page
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile