Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earning Antipoints

Earning Antipoints

1) I don't have anything against the Antipoint System. But I do have something against people who try to assign Negative antipoints just to balance their antipoints.

2) I would want to react to the person who gave me this comment after giving me negative points : stupid people giving you postives for no reason... rebalanceing it

I have never begged people here to give me GREEN POINTS. I have earned my points not from short 5 worded posts. I may seldom post on the boards but a lot here who have stayed long enough in AO know what my merits.... I need not say more

I agree with you Alexzel !

IMHO There are to much of this "balancing thing" with stupid comments and people assigning neg's without even read the full thread.. Some posts may deserve it but I have seen many good posts and threads flamed and neged..

~micael

Banned

Re: Earning Antipoints

Originally posted here by Alexzel
    I would want to react to the person who gave me this comment after giving me negative points : stupid people giving you postives for no reason... rebalanceing it
    And we see the effect of double standards here. If you were in fact a newbie, that was crying over NEGS, this thread would be suicidal in seconds. You have how many AP's? and there are many people struggling to get AP's and are faced with your same issue every day, and we must keep our mouth shut so we can remain as AO Members? How is it that you start whinning, and all of a sudden people are throwing you points, and if I do the same. I will be banned within 20 minutes? you shouldn't rub it in our face...

I would have to agree with Louie and FakeBoy. As FakeBoy stated "If a newbie was to whine, everyone would jump at the chance to even out their negs" and here you are whinning about a neg, and people are throwing you AP's. By the looks of it you have plenty more AP's than most of the members, and you really should be neg'd for leading by a bad example. You should be showing the newbies the correct way about dealing with these situations, and this sir is not the right way.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Talk about beating a dead horse. I thought that we were done disussing this a long time ago. Now everyone is stupposed to be complaining about the suicidal threads...although its been a few days. Time for JP to make some more enhancements for everyone to bitch about....

stupid people giving you postives for no reason... rebalanceing it
    btw, that is not a message about them trying to balance there antipoints. That is a message saying that you recieved antipoints for something you shouldn't have.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I would like to focus on two main points, and hear your opinions on why these two points are being over looked in this thread.

First Point Made By FakeBoy:

Originally posted here by Fakeboy
    If you were in fact a newbie, that was crying over NEGS, this thread would be suicidal in seconds
    Second Point Made By Myself

Originally posted here by Joey_Batch_File
    leading by a bad example. You should be showing the newbies the correct way about dealing with these situations, and this sir is not the right way.
    To all those that have assigned positive points to Alexzel for this post, you are showing everyone you support a AntiOnline Jr. Member acting in the same fashion alot of you would punish a newbie for.

Wow, alex, most people wouldn't post an Ap thread. Though I agree with you, sometimes people agree with my posts and give me APs, and then other feel that I don't deserve them, and I wouldn't mind that too much but a lot of the time it drives my post into the neg section. And once I even got negs in advance to balance me out. I think that people who do that let the whole AP thing go to their heads, after all, if somebody had balanced them out when they got anough APs to give them out, well, I wonder how annoyed they would be. Bravo on posting this alex, very few people can pull off an AP thread.

Banned
    Im sorry but i hae to Agree with Alex.... she rarely posts... and when she does they are ALWAYS good and ALWAYS deserve Antipoints... she wasnt whining about the neg she got, she was just saying that the reason given wasnt good.....

i really disagree with the balencing of APs as well, i dont care that i get negs, but i dont like giving negs if they dont deserve it.... there should be "neutral APs" just cus the post isnt 100% great doesnt mean int should get Negs...... i mean negs are made for BAD posts that give off a bad rep to AO and ask stupid questions..... and Greens are for people who psot great posts and do great things.

Just cus the post isnt perfect doesnt mean it deserves negs... if anything should be changed about the AP system its the balancing out.

The Iceman Cometh
    I also agree with Dome. Alex's posts have always been informative and well deserving of positive antipoints. Now she's been a victim of a "drive by AntiPointing"... someone who gives a bad reason (you're lucky you even got a reason... I get plenty with absolutely nothing!) and I think she has the right to say something about it. I'm happy to see someone speaking up about it without b*tching and whining that they've been receiving negatives.

AJ

This is just my HO, but I think it would be really neat. . .and prolly conducive to better conversation and understanding another person's point. . .if we would be allowed an opportunity to place a small (one line) reply when you click on the reply to this assignment link in the AOpoints center. At the very least, I know, I know, it's wrong, but it would give us a little bit of an outlet for the negs that we think are irrelevant.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.