Thread: Dreamcast : not just a game console

Dreamcast : not just a game console

I nearly rolled out of my chair reading this. The innocuous gaming console, the dreamcast, is a newly feared utility to be used for malicious deeds.
    Check it out : http://online.securityfocus.com/news/558

Yet another thing to be concerned about when evaluating your network and it's security.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Nice post. It makes you wonder, what other vulnerabilities are there when your network is infiltrated not through the firewall, but through the front door.

There are probably ways to hook up even smaller systems, such as Palm Pilots, into networks to do the same thing. Makes you wonder if the new employee you just hired is really who they say they are.

Banned
    Wow, These people must be dedicated.... I wonder how they loaded Linux onto the Dreamcast ???

I have been using my dreamcast as a DivxPlayer for ages. I'm just waiting for a new Divx 5.0 boot disc, I don't think I'll be using it to attack any systems..... I'm well enough using it as a divx player....

This is too funny.I always thought the dreamcast was cool as hell, but I never knew it was THAT cool.
    \"Progress and conduct: I\'m afraid that I am severly dissapointed in God\'s works. All three of him have shown no tendency to improve and He merely sits at the back of the class talking to himselves. He has shown no interest in rugger, asked to be excused prayers, and moves in a mysterious way.\" - Ferndean School Report on God - The brand new Monty Python Book.