Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zone Alarm on XP

The Iceman Cometh
    He's playing Starcraft when it locks up. After he exits it freezes.
    And you're certain that ZoneAlarm is the culprit? If, for example, ZoneAlarm isn't running, does it have a problem as well? I think that, most likely, there is a problem with Starcraft and Windows XP that is causing the problem. Try running Starcraft in compatibility mode and see if the problem still occurs. To my knowledge, closing a program (even a game) while a firewall is running shouldn't cause any problems such as that you are describing. Also, you can always try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. The most recent update(s) for Starcraft may fix this problem as well... it's always worth a shot.

AJ

TAKE TIME TO LEARN THE ASPECTS CONFIGS OF THE FIREWALL YOU USING NO ONE IS 100%SECURED

Take time to learn your keyboard.. Capslock is next to the A button...

But you did raise a valid point.. No firewall can truthfully claim to be 100% secure (coz as soon as they claim that, someone will decide to prove them wrong)... shame you did it in a thread which was pretty dead....

Maybe you'd like to amaze everyone by preparing an analysis of popular personal firewalls, with examples of why they aren't 100% secure.... maybe not... who knows...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"