Thread: "You had me at Hello"

Question "You had me at Hello"

No, this is not a pickup line, nor is it a line from Jerry McGuire. It's about a buffer overflow in MS SQL. I have read a little about it at: http://online.securityfocus.com/arch...4/2002-08-10/2
    but I do not recognize the script as a language I know (c/c++). I am currently trying to learn about buffer overflows and how they work, however, I have not yet been able to perform an actual overflow. I have a win2k system with SQL on it and a red hat system which is my learning platform.

Ideally, I would like to try this out on my little network. Any ideas where I can get more information on this? and how I might be able to replicate these on my systems?

Thanks
    -Scott

With the title "You had me at HELO", you could have made a great little pun about open mail relays, but this thread's title is simply quite ambiguous.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

looks like a nessus script. You can download nessus trialware and add the script as a plugin

I went back and re-read it. up on the top of the page:

It even has the correct ID number and will soon be available from the Nessus
    homepage as well,
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”