Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems accessing main page

Problems accessing main page

Whenever I try to get to the index page, nothing happens for a few minutes. My cable modem lights don't blink or anything, then the page stops loading, then after a while, eventually I'll get through to the main page. Is this just me? I'm asking cuz if it is, I'm going to "complain" and "whine" to my ISP. Anybody else have this prob? I live in canada if that helps, and my ISP is shaw@home.

Been having the same problem, thought for the longest time it was ISP's fault...dunno now...

neb
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Do a trace route and see what happens...

--Sudo

using IE6.0 on a T1 with WinXP Pro. Same prob. I even wiped cookies, history and all that thinking it was me.

Kwiep
    I had it today, but when I restarted my pc everything was ok again.
    Double Dutch

I'm on a 56K modem here and EVERYTIME the page loads in under 10 seconds! I've never had any serious problems with AO being slow. I dunno, maybe it's just Opera - clearly the superior browser.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Its probably a router along the way here then. I figured it was a server problem. I did reboot my computer, and anything else I could think of, still slow though, really slow.

Same problem
    Mike
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

cisco2611.antionline.net This is where the problem has been for me, I have the same problem.
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Same same. Slooooowwwwwwww