Thread: Help on Flash

Exclamation Help on Flash

Hello all, I am a little confused with Flash MX. I do the web development for my company and I am pretty new to it all. We used to use flash 4.0 and now use flash MX.

I use the Jimco Flasher (www.jimcoaddins.com) to incorporate our flash movies to microsoft frontpage.

When moving flash mx shockwave files however I can simply only see a white box and the movie never seems to play.

I have tried making some adjustments to the HTML code and in 9/10 cases this onlways solves the problems I encounter but on this occassion I am simply drawing a blank.

I was wondering has anyone else had this problem and sorted a solution, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks...
    The Worst Foe Lies Within The Self

When moving flash mx shockwave files however I can simply only see a white box and the movie never seems to play.
    By this do you mean while your authoring in flash mx, or when you are trying to view the swf file in a browser?
    If while authoring, see if the pen/fill color is not set to white. It might be obvious but some people forget about that.
    If your viewing it in a browser and you can only see a white space, then that's because the flash plugin you have for that browser is NOT the right version. To view flash mx files (published to flash mx format) you MUST have the flash 6.0 viewer!

Hope that helps.
    Cheers!
    script language=\"M$cript\";
    function beginError(bsod) {
    return true; }
    onLoad.windows = beginError;

But during the instalation of Flash MX does it not also install the correct viewer plugin as well??

v_Ln