Thread: Observation

Post Observation

I recently transferred this file to MsMittens for consideration in the next AONewsletter...

Perhaps it needs a preview here, too...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

The ramblings of a spiteful old man, such as myself. Brilliant!

Thumbs up Very good read.

I think us old gray haired hackers from the BBS days have the right to ramble a bit. If it weren't for a chioce few of us that paid the phone company to for our experimenting with modems and protocols such as X-modem, Y-modem, and Kermit, doing batch downloads of 8 or 10 files in a matter of 24 hours or less over blazing 2400 baud modems. Pioneering the way for the Internet that ultimately has made the already large phone companies larger, and thusly richer.My first modem was a 300 baud external and it was the size of a large shoebox, genuine Hayes too...But GAWD the phone bills would cause months of " I'm never plugging than piece of sh*t into another fu**in phone line ever again...until the 1200 bps modems hit the market
    When ascii art was kewl...
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Thumbs up Well written

I am part of the new generation that will "will never know a world without a computer" but i do my best not to take its workings for granted. I have taken my computers apart more times than i can count (to the horror of my parents) and almost always successfully got them back to perfect working order. I try to be as informed of the minute workings and invisible background that are almost never important to the average user, just because i like to know.

Anyway, well written and interesting to see things from a different viewpoint.
    Darwin\'s rollin\' over in his coffin, The fittest are surviving much lest often,
    Now everything seems to be reversing, And it\'s worsening!
    --nofx, American Errorist