Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For The Conspiracy Theorist.

For The Conspiracy Theorist.

I'm just curious on everyones opinion about the medias attention to the majority of child abductions. According the the news, the rate has not raised dramitically, but the media has been hot on the topic, and their answer to this problem is implanting GPS chips or devices in/on all children. What is your opinion on the whole matter? Has the government coached the media to cover these abductions so they can push the implants and/or GPS devices in or on children? or do you think the medai has noticed the child abduction rate has stayed high enough, and it is time this is changed?

I am not for implants.... but I am for slow painfull deaths for child abductors.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

i often wonder like that myself, but i really don't think thats the case, although it may be. things dont meed guidence to go in the wrong direction, that seems to be the natural order of things. Only if we want the world to turn out to be a good place to be, should we pat attention to these things.

A generation growing up with tracking chips, thinking nothing of it, its always been that way for them. nobody would ever try to exploit something like that = 0. If something is exploitable, someone will exploit it. this is the ultimate in exploitability.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Re: For The Conspiracy Theorist.

Originally posted here by Joey_Batch_File
    Has the government coached the media to cover these abductions so they can push the implants and/or GPS devices in or on children? or do you think the medai has noticed the child abduction rate has stayed high enough, and it is time this is changed?
    Personally, I always wonder when the press gets focused on something "too close to home" that something else big and nasty isn't going on elsewhere in the world -- just notice how far down in the headlines all of the President's activities are and his/our stance on the very controversial ideas to invade Iraq. Kind of THHGTTG (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) theory of politics, I guess... or, I guess more recently, "Wag the Dog."

But, yes... I'm against the GPS devices - personally, I'm not inclined to believe that they're really needed (ie. they have the technology and placing a microscopic piece of material under your skin is just an excuse for them to be "allowed" to let you know that they can already track your every move).

How's that for conspiracy theory?
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Exclamation You've gotta be kiddin me...

You have gotta be kiddin...They said lets put implants on all children?! That's insane! That would give the child no freedom! I mean, imagine the child's teenage years! Walking around with a beeper attached to his or her's wrist and when the parents check their GPS it says she's with her boyfriend at the movies and they might not like this boy so they tell her to come home! That would be stupid as hell. That's what I think...
    Out of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most

Well, I've always said children should be kept on a leash, but that's going a bit far.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

Re: You've gotta be kiddin me...

Originally posted here by yesicu812
    You have gotta be kiddin...They said lets put implants on all children?! That's insane! That would give the child no freedom! I mean, imagine the child's teenage years! Walking around with a beeper attached to his or her's wrist and when the parents check their GPS it says she's with her boyfriend at the movies and they might not like this boy so they tell her to come home! That would be stupid as hell. That's what I think...
    You should check with your local cell phone provider... let's just say that this kind of "snooping" and decreased levels of "privacy" for those who own wireless devices is, well... privacy on these devices is (should be) kind of "an illusion" - pretty soon (very, very soon) it'll disappear entirely. You're expectation of privacy is going to have to fall to nothing, soon (and I think that's actually what they're trying to manage at this point).

I've heard reports that they're "trying to not make it abuseable" - yeah, right... I don't think it's possible.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Re: You've gotta be kiddin me...

Originally posted here by yesicu812
    You have gotta be kiddin...They said lets put implants on all children?! That's insane!
    They are selling GPS watches that are locked onto childrens wrist for $400 + $30/Month Tracking, and now they are looking to add GPS capabilities to the Veri-Chips they are implanting. I'm not a conspiracy theorist myself, but now they are suggesting you implant GPS in your children so they are safe. I know alot of adults would be hesitant to put them on theirselves, but there is alot of gulible ones that will do it to their children, and I know that some of your parents including mine would be that stupid, and just imagine how their children would feel knowing they are stuck with them when they reach our age..... I don't like the idea one bit, and I would never put my children in that situation. I know technology too well to do that.

Angry That's insane...

I mean...Jeez! Watches for kids to see where they are?! That's absurd! And that thing about privacy, yeah just the other day I was signing up for webster.com's word of the day (it sends you a word not commonly used everyday and a definition.), and it said on the license agreement basicly this, first it said "Your privacy is guarrenteed!" blah blah blah...Then..I scrolled down because I was bored and it said the exact opposite! "We will take your personal info and sell it to anyone willing to pay for it!". It screamed that out. It didn't LITERALLY say that but, if you could understand english, it said that. I started laughing because of how stupid that was. I use to just click next ignoring anything that said THIS IS SPYWARE! ENJOY THE POPUPS TOO! so I could get on with it. Now I check it anyway even if I am gonna keep it anyway. Btw...I still did subscribe for word of the day, cause I don't care if they give away my private info cause everything but the email was fake lol.

Ooops not license agreement lol, terms of service. Sorry bout that!
    Out of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most

It's a very interesting point you bring out, you just never really know whether there is something else behind anything you hear these days. Who can you trust?

I am totally against these GPS chip implants. I hope we never live in a world where everyone can find out anyones location, cos I'm afraid that it really is inevitable - it will happen, there's really no stopping it.

If that is the way they are looking at to stop child kidnappers, I really think they should approach it with another angle, cos that will certainly not be the main use for GPS. Companies will be bringing out all these new uses for it and it'll all get out of hand - people will have no privacy.

Firstly, they should introduce harsher penalties for these types of crimes before they look at any other action to take.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester