Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brain Washing America.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    That link is propaganda also..

Although I must say it was an interesting read. I think its more of the media that uses propaganda than bush himself. But hey, thats just my opinion.

Well since we are on the propaganda thing I'll throw yet another curve and it's not easy cause I am left handed (not in views but hand preference). On my box sitting here I can digitally alter images still and video as well as sound, yeah all the fun tools and have access to even more so I could in effect place words into the very mouth of the US presdent but that would be a long shot and easly exposed as false. Question is what images and sound bytes do I watch on the news that are not edited, or altered and how do I know to what extent they are? Humm ok maybe as a bit of humor I'll take a digital file from the airwaves (no doubt be suied under the DMCA) and lets see what fun things Mr. Bush can say, his daddies VP could not spell Tomato (e) and he cannot spell Patato (e). Propaganda is a funny thing it is what you are given to eat as reality
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Nobody says the U.S. government is perfect.They do spend quite a few tax dollars trying to impose their ideas on the every day citizens,but somebody has to stop these terrorist psychos,and Saddam Heussein is probably one of the more psychotic of them.Given the chance he'd drop every nuke he could get his hands on to rid the world of the U.S. and Isreal.As a matter of fact a good portion of the people in the middle east would.Nobody else seems to want to step up and deal with the negative propaganda that is imposed on a world power about to go to war,so what other option is there but to deal with the higher gas prices/taxes.I don't want to be spending the next 20 years of my life in a nuclear fallout shelter and I don't want all different kinds of Bio-Weapons plagues spreading throughout the world.If that means I have to deal with some budget cuts I'm all for it.In the long run we'll be saving a lot more money and lives by taking care of this now.I don't think terrorists are worth the lives of even a few soldiers,but it seems the real choice is a few soldiers now or a few thousand citizens later.It's already happened once.Just because we thwarted Afghanistan do people think the other terrorists learned their lesson.If so I'd seriously reconsider.

Well GGhornet in my day I was taught to duck and cover under my desk at school what for? Well a Nuke attack geez everyone knows you can survive a nuke by duck and cover. I also seen the Berlin wall fall was a sight to see, and visited the site of the only nation to ever use a Nuke in Japan. A madman is not famous unless he is given attention and the more the world looks the more stature in their culture they get after all he has the attention of the US. We have sold the very wepons used against us for a profit, allowed our own beliefs to be turned against us. Who suffers in all this it is not the leader of any country it is the people of that country and the men and women that see fame and money, a spot on the history books. So how can one teack a lesson then? Me I'm sort of a WC Fields guy...go away boy you bother me. Simple and lame yes. But so called leaders are at times like pesky kids, and sometimes while you watch with a close eye you let them throw a temper tantrum. I simply question it all after all even a face can be spoofed, look at the Hollywood Makeup, not to mention what again digitally can be done. What agends are there and for whom and how much they gonna make? We elect people to govern this it and of it's self cannot make them wise in what they do
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Point made.I agree with the fact that publicity makes famous,and also made Saddam Hussein that much more dangerous.I also realize that most of Iraq's weaponry came from the U.S. and Russia,but Saddam is not a leader of the people of Iraq.He hides in bunkers most of the time,not because the U.S. doesn't like him,but because he can't trust anyone around him.He uses his countries oil as a hostage to the world,so he can increase his militaristic power.He uses his own people to test his new Bio-weapons.That's not a leader,that's a crazed lunatic who needs to be stopped.I don't think we should send the whole U.S. military as well as the UN and whoever else.This country has the most elite special operations units in the world.No matter how powerful he thinks he is one well placed bullet is all it takes to end that.Reporters can interview him face to face on occasion.Why can't we replace a reporter with a special ops officer,and *boom* no more Saddam.Getting the officer out would probably be difficult,but it could be done.That would be a much more cost effective way to get this done,with minimal casualties.
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

Banned
    everyone knows that the one with the power can do what ever the **** they want. to me, it looks like america is playing the people for fools. just look at the vietnam "war" ( if you dont know what i am talking about, go read a book) Brainwashing is a way of controlling the people. Like thr militarty for example: their job is to get tough, learn to shoot a gun, and be willing to die for a cause that barely affects them. its all for the gov"t.

governments lie, that is just a given.

THINK ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!! ----> War boosts the economy. Right? So then why is it that we "Cant Find Bin Laden?"

**** you all, i dont know why i am posting. Too drunk....

Just a suggestion...: When everyone is posting any links, could they quote the first one or two paragraphs so that readers get the idea of the site/page? Then they could decide whether they want to see it because like Conf1rm3d said the page can be "rather large and slow". Thanks. Nice article though.

AMERICA
    By Norman D. Livergood

The puppet Bush regime is using new, aggressive forms of brainwashing to change the very way Americans think and feel.
    This is the psychological dimension of the "High Cabal's" general onslaught against American workers, just as the "war on terrorism" is the military dimension and corporate crime and tax cuts for the rich comprise the economic dimension.

We are living under the beginning stages of a military dictatorship in precisely the same way that 1930s Germans suffered under the Nazi regime.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Banned
    i wanna know if those are real posters the homeland security is putting out. i wouldnt be to surprised if they were...... i mean it IS baby bushes pet project

to me that site is filled with unsubstantiated hyperbole. There are numerous holes that can be poked in to that site, and it really looks like it was written by a Bush hater not someone that is trying to "get the truth out".

FWIW Bush is an elected president contrary to what that site says. It's the law, if we like it or not, and he is an officially elected president. If you don't like the law then work on changing it, but it's not going to be retroactive.

I will read that entire site, will do my own research and come to my own conslusions. Just looking at the art work they have there reminds me very much of Nazi use of misinformation and propaganda techniques. Also I have seen several "extremists" groups within the US using very similar artwork in an attempt to control the thoughts or opinions of their members. I'm not saying this site is in any way affiliated with either of the aforementioned groups, but just that their MO is very similar.

El Diablo

There is one question I would ask the writer if I had the opportunity.

If the American government so closely resembles the 1930 German leadership, why is he still alive and his writings available to read?
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.