OK so continuing is the spirit of this thread let me rank a bit.

I am all for security, I am all for having a safe country to live in. I believe the US is one of the best places in the world. (I am not being exclusive here cause I have not been a world traveler nor do I know all the wonderful places there are in the world) I also believe we try to do our best. I believe in the constitution, I exercise my 2nd amendment rights. ( I am legal to carry consealed in my home state) I do not want a goverment looking over my shoulder or going through my mail, or trash, etc. To see if I am doing some illegal activity. The issue is a greater issue then goverment. I believe it has to do with the fact we have moved away from a community mentality to one of isolationism. Now I so not believe this is a goverment isolationism but one of a personal nature. We isolate ourselves from many of the things our fathers and grand father took for granted (this is a generalized statement please understand this and these are my personal views so dont shoot me for my opinion) How many people know their neighbors. KNow them well enough to have a good conversation with them? Talk to them every once in a while. We down have back yard fences any more where we discuss the issues of the day and know what is going on with the poeple around us. When that happens you know what people are doing or not doing and you find out that most people in this world are good and honest and trustworthy. Yah there are some that arent and those are the ones we all need to watch out for, but you know who they are if you talk to people around you.

Enough ranting.... I just think as a society we are getting ever impersonal....( or is that inpersonal...whatever you'll know what I mean)