Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Statute of Antipoint Limitations

Yeah I agree completly with you all, I got Negs on a post I did when I first joined here, I was 6 points off from my good antipoints reaching 50 when all of a sudden I got a load from someone who was balancing and saying that it don't matter because it was an old post, they threw me into the negs area.

Same old AO. You can always count on some things stayin the same.....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Terr, you got my vote on this.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Originally posted here by Phat_Penguin
    Terr,

While agree with the content of your post and see how it would piss you off - a newcomer would get negged to death for suggesting the same and be seen as complaining about AP's - maybe this should be taken up with JP directly.
    Eh. A newcomer wouldn't have the problem, having no really old posts. <crankyoldtimer> Why, I remember when the forums were mostly PURPLE... and each person could rate every other user with a little bar, with only one statistic...</crankyoldtimer>

Yes, I did consider that this could be construed as a 'whining' thread. But then the less rational part of me took over and said I should post it and stop thinking about it and eat oreos.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Hehe...the same thing happened to me, but on a different thread. I got an AP about a week or so ago for this thread:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...261#post371261

The comment was: "this thread need to suicide"

Hehe...that post was made like yonks ago, 01-25-2002 to be exact. My AP level for that post is even, must of been positive before. I attached a pic of the comment.

Anyways, I just laughed when I saw it. I've learned to disregard ALL AP's now - it's just got to a point where there is more then one person going around being AP-mad...there's hundreds of them. Why should I worry about how my post will be seen by these people - I will post what I feel, my opinions and nothing more. People will respond how they want, and if a few idiots want to give me negs just to kill the thread, good on em - I really don't care. This whole AP system is just something that I don't look at anymore. I think it has an effect on the whole community - which ones was pretty well sensational.

But yeah, bombared me with negs if you want, I don't really mind - just as long as I don't get banned...hehe...cos I still like to visit - very good site. There's still a lot of great folks here to talk to, no doubt about it.

Cheers,
    Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

hot_ice: Yeh, I got the same message, hehe.

I agree with ya Terr... this is a good idea.

Terr,

I was only watching out for the well-being of your AP's ...... guess I should have been watching my own back. LOL

Take care,

PP

People neging old post is the ugly side of balancing.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Well, Phat was right, perhaps I should've just clammed up because apparently some people here have problems when people post messages. I'd like to emphasize I'm only posting this screenshot to express my current annoyance at the way the system is working, my AP total isn't exactly screaming in agony at the abuse or anything like that.

And yes, I made a very bad boo-boo, as someone pointed out. The Ennis post was NOT a year old, I goofed when looking at the date, it felt heck-of-a long ago, and I must've misread the year date on it or some equally stupid thing. My bad. It's only almost four months ago. I was wrong, I made an idiotic mistake. My face is very red. Etc.

However, some smart-aleck apparently HAS made my original post at least quasi-correct in ferreting out this post. Maybe the same person who pointed it out. Who cares.

Perhaps posting this is more suicide or something, but I'd rather make a big hullabaloo about it than go the nice-safe-don't-make-waves way. I've never responded well to implicit threats. My stubborn idiocy demands this post.

What about changing the AP center to show the last 15 or 20 posts you recieved/gave on?

Another suggestion: It would be nice to be able to click on your own posts even in closed/suicide threads to see the list of points and comments that were assigned to them. Currently the link is removed along with the assign links to all the posts in a closed thread.

[HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Its cool that somebody finally posted on this issue, its been a problem for a long time but never been corrected, partly because only people who fear no negs can post about APs. Its happens to me all the time. I think I know why some people do it too, its annoying as hell to see your msg that had nothing that deserved APs in it, that you posted like 4 months ago turn up on the AP center. I hope something happens to cut off posts from APs after a certain amount of time, it'll save plenty of people lots of grief. Good of you to bring this up terr, maybe the limit could be like 4 months, seems reasonable. I think anyways.