Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentium 4 2.8GHz

Pentium 4 2.8GHz

Get this into ya,

The new 2.8GHz Pentium 4 has been officially launched by Intel today. Sporting a 533MHz System Bus, this new P4 looks to put the hurt on AMD's new Athlon XP 2600+. (slashdot.org)

Now that is a speedy chip!

If they'd stop locking the clock speed on the damned things, we'd have overclocked to that MONTHS ago! But Intel has business interests in mind, so we can't fault them.

(As I hack away at my PC, a 180MHZ Pentium Pro. Somebody should buy me a new one. Eh?)
    Hic ego barbarus, sum quillo non intelligor illis.
    Because they do not understand me, I am a barbarian.

Amen, brother.

AMD all the way!

Arrow

Well, as usual Intel is uping the ante... Good luck to AMD *lol*

actually the 533MHZ bus is a long time coming... for once intel might have a faster processor than AMD, that is until AMD ups their bus speeds...

actually thinking about building a new box now....

course i won't get to it until amd's beating intel again.... still think twice about breaking my intel streak.

My 950MHz OC'ed to 1.1GHz Athlon runs circles around a freind of mines 1.6GHz P4. We have the same memory and video cards so we can do a fair comparison. He can edge me out by a hair on some business apps. For games, my systems outruns it in framerate and graphics quality hands down. I'll never go back unless Intel makes a ground breaking leap in 3D.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Great or graphic applications.
    ragmyn

At the heart of the Internet culture is the force that want to know everything about you.

Old Fart
    Yeah....AMD is planning on upping their bus clock speeds, plus moving to a 90 nanometer process and making a 64 bit chip that will run 32 bit apps to assist in making the transition to 64 bit computing as smooth as possible for the average user. All this serves to make me an AMD fan and helps to prove that competition is a GOOD thing.

If AMD wasn't on the scene today, the fastest intel processor would probably be around 1.8 ghz and cost around a grand to buy. Thank you AMD!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I keep hearing rumblings from people in the know that AMD will debut their new 166/333 FSB with the next chip release. If everything goes according to plan, the XP2800+ should be the first processor to feature this new bus at a clock speed of around 2.24 Ghz. That should take some of the wind out of Intel's sails.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

Can't wait till hammer
    P4 are good overclockers on the right mobo peeps are getting them to 3Ghz+
    Ill THink of one when i get time.