Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proxy Question

I really don't have any particular reason to use it other than the fact I'm just trying to learn a little something new. Can't learn if you don't try new things

Error message:

Select [] failed!
    Winsock error: Socket operation on non-socket. An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket. Either the socket handle parameter did not reference a valid socket, or for select, a member of an f_d set was not valid.

It's ok for anyone to assume I'm a complete tard when it comes to this stuff, I probably am
    [glowpurple]It all works out in the end.[/glowpurple]

But that\'s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Dennis Miller

i looked on the site for requirment but they didn't give any. follw the link on the previous page and update your winsock, that will more than likely do it. The reason i asked is that allot of people who have posted here have thought that they could be anonymous by installing a proxy on their own mach. its a cool little program, ive used it here at work on different occasions.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

That's pretty much all I'm looking for, is some way to be as anonymous while online as possible. I was told I could simply key in the ip for a proxy server under my Internet LAN settings and there was actually no need to install a working proxy. Whether this is true, I don't know, I haven't found a legitimate IP yet. Oh yeah, I did update my sockets and I still get the same error message. Prolly just a sucky OS like everyone has told me
    [glowpurple]It all works out in the end.[/glowpurple]

But that\'s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Dennis Miller