Thread: Cookie Query (heh, cute huh)

Question Cookie Query (heh, cute huh)

I'm not sure this is a pertinent question and I apologize if that's the case, but I have a friend with a Compaq I Paq Companion running Windows ME, it uses a Microsoft browser, basically you're only able to access MSN chats and email with this little thing.

Problem is you can't access your cookies and at this point she can't access any rooms/email whatsoever due to a problem with her cookies.

If anyone out there has any clue what I'm talking about or maybe has an inkling of an idea on how to access cookies, let me know. It says you can access them through your Internet Options but it won't allow her.

Thanks

As far as i can tell, I dont think you actually access the cookies thru IE(I'm assuming thats what your friend is using), just delete them. Have never used ME, so just try doing a search for all text files on the system, and you should be able to find out where they are. The folder anyways. Hope that helps..
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

look for the temp folder or do a search for *cookies*.*. Also, if you are in ie, you can set the security settings to reject cookies, or to prompt you to accept cookies...this should alleviate any future problems
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

OK here's the thing: you're not actually using what you'd call a full fledged version of IE. I'm not very familiar with the machine myself, I've used it a few times so I can tell you what I see. When you boot up, you don't have a desktop. The computer boots to an MSN log-in screen where you either log in under your account through MSN's service or as a guest. There is no access to a control panel, no access to an actual browswer, in essence I guess you'd say the machine is one big MSN messenger with only access to MSN related sites and services. She bought the thing under an agreement to use MSN internet service and can not surf the web, only things related to MSN.

Sounds pretty corny to me, it's strictly a chat machine, nothing more. Does that make any sense?
    [glowpurple]It all works out in the end.[/glowpurple]

But that\'s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Dennis Miller

checkout these two sites. the first one (MSN Krapanion) explains the OS??? if that is what you want to call it. and the second site (MSN Explore) is for the bastardized version of IE.
    anyway... it looks like Mr. Gates has you totally locked down on both counts.
    this looks like a challenge to me!
    where did she get this net appliance?

She got it from Sears or some place like that I think. She's called the manufacturer and they have no clue how to fix it so they gave her this code to reset the entire thing. It doesn't really have what you'd call a hard drive if that makes any sense. She wants to be able to access the cookies instead of having to reset (wipe out) the machine.
    [glowpurple]It all works out in the end.[/glowpurple]

But that\'s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Dennis Miller

um.....are you SURE it's a computer, not a Chat-terminal...?
    an MSN OS....lol, M$ crack's me up

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.