Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ~*~*A Hackers Image*~*~

Question ~*~*A Hackers Image*~*~

Anyone noticed the Ad banner when u first bring up the page. Look at the picture it shows with the words "Malicious Hacker." Every time you see a picture of a so called "hacker". . . . . its some guy in his early 20's with long curly of frizzy hair who looks like he is high on caffeine. I hate when people stereotype. What do you guys think of the image we are portrayed as?
    I think it sux.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Heh, I agree. Our image is really bad. They always have a drunk looken guy or some fat ass old guy. Not just our image like that but our media image is bad as well. /me sighs

Banned
    'Our' ? Jroc, Are you trying to imply that you yourslef is a hacker?

You use our a few times in that sentence so I guess you must.... No greens for ub3r h4x0rz

So you are saying you aren't a "hacker" ac1dsp3ctrum? There is also a difference between "Hacker" & "Cracker". You know that . . . . Right?
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Banned
    I know, Hacker == Informative things... Cracker == AOLer who thinks when he gets into IIS 2.0 he is 'l337'.... And no, I dont consider myself a hacker.... I dont know enough about computers to be considered a hacker.... And sinse JRoc has asked me shitloads of things I dont think he is considered one either.... That is just my opinion

I've also heard alot of Hackers being stereo-typed as young adults with brightly dyed hair, tattoos.... etc.

Hey alex, if ya didn't notice, both me and RogueSpy have implemented that. Also, if you notice, I am a white-hat hacker. Scroll to my profile to read the intro about me being a white hat.

Banned
    But then again... I got a AntiPoint that made a lot of sense
    He is entitled to be a "hacker" if he so chooses to be one.
    Its right, If he considers himself a hacker he can be one..... But im the president of the US

Wow, Profile intro... I could have one too saying Im anything... What does intor have to do with it... Its all about mentality, and you dont have that mentality

Originally posted here by ac1dsp3ctrum
    Its right, If he considers himself a hacker he can be one..... But im the president of the US
    If we are playing that way: I am the true founder of microsoft. "the real reason all the software is buggy" --- Okay, I may not know much about programming, but your the idots that pay for it... Just Kiddn' --- ALL IN FUN!

Umm.. can you please leave it alone? I was referring to the fact that Rogue said that Hackers have bad images. I imployed the fact that yes, WE do have bad images. Hackers can also mean security enthusiast's and network admins. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 90% of the people here qualify as that.