Thread: Great game, uplink

Great game, uplink

Sorry if this was already mentioned.
    You guys have got to try out a great game called uplink. You play a hacker, but its pretty complex, at first the main goal of the game is to get money, but then that switches and a storyline comes into play. There is lots of fun stuff, upgrade your hardware, your system, or your software. There are ranks, and an IRC chat for players. The game gets pretty hard, and will keep you going for a long time. I know I sound like a salesman, but seriously, I'm hooked, I've been playing it for 3 days straight, (there goes my xtra long weekend). You can hack LANs, take loans, steal money from people, give people bad grades, get people arrested, or get people pretty annoyed by changing their records to read legally deceased.
    The game is buggy though, so patches come out every once in a while, sometimes you can do nothing but start over, its can get frustrating.
    And their forums are pretty big too, lots of helpful people there. You can check it out @ introversion.co.uk

Banned
    We disgusse dit a while back... Its script kiddie hacking....
    /me grabs his Password Breaker v5.0 and his 200Ghz proc

Lol, I love that game. Just stole my first million, bought all the software and upgraded my gateway. Unfortunately, my game crashed shortly thereafter and it still does whenever I hit may 19th, and my game is at may 18th, so that game is effectively dead. I'm making an uplink site though, just to help people out with it, the guides for it are good, but they have flaws. I had 8 200ghz procs, man, I wish that game hadn't crapped out.

Download the patch! That should help here: http://www.introversion.co.uk/cgi-bi...i?patch1.3.exe
    I breathe, therefore I am!
    I type, therefore I live!
    [shadow]I love, therfore I die![/shadow]

I did, that was the problem, my game was from version 1.0 and the new version of the game didn't seem to work too well with the old version saved games, anyways, I reported the bug. Maybe it'll be fixed next patch.

Did you get 1.3? They released it yesterday! And you should make a new user when ever updating your version!

Um, didn't you read what I wrote? I said I did get the update, but that my v1.0 game didn't work correctly with v1.3 and nowhere does it say to create a new game when applying a patch, not even in the forums. (uplink forums)

No but I have played the game for a while! And remember reading about that it always was a good idea to start a new user when ever you make changes in your version! But I even think they fixed that in this version! I havenĀ“t tried the new version yet (1.3)! My lack of home home connection is killing me!

A while go I posted a thread about a upcoming game similiar to Uplink, it's called HackR and may be worth checking out when it's released.

Their site is under construction, they did have some info there earlier though.

But today its only a sign

> This site is
    > under construction_
    Hopefully this means that they will release the game soon .

Source: HackR - a new game from HH Industries , cached

HackR is a game.

But after one hour of play, You will forget it. You will think You Are a Hacker. And who nows?
    Maybe You Are...

Features:

HackR Operation System - with skin support
    Over 50 unique storyline missions
    Unlimited standard missions
    Mission editor included.
    You can write your own programs...
    Trading softwares and datas for money
    Hacking and modifying websites
    and many more_