Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perm ban....

Banned

Perm ban....

Hmmm, I was thinking that AO start banning by hostmasks and not usernames (is that how its done right now) or IPs.... So people like freeOn (Bonfire) GbinaryR (Gbin@ryR) and others cant come back as another name to bother everyone all over again....

Makes sense, but dont hostmasks use entire ISPs as the reference point?
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Yeah they do. I hope this can happen as well. Didn't free0n not care when he came back either if he was banned again. Boy and I remember komo, ko123, etc. THAT was really annoying.

My vote is yes, considering it isn't up to my vote.

Yeah, but you could end up unfairly banning others as well, and the banned person could use something like multiproxy to get around the IP ban. There really isn't anyway to ban people by hostmask or IPs unless you are willing to risk getting rid of other people.

Exactly the point I was trying to make Linuxelite
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Old Fart
    The only way it would work is if everyone had a static IP, but like linuxelite said, there are ways around that too. JMHO
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Waste of time. Threes no effective way to ban people other then canning accounts. People can always access antionline from another computer. Besides with suicide threads and auto-banning threes only so much trouble you can cause. And what about people who learned from there mistakes and want to take a second crack at being an antionline member.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Yesterday, I was thinking about this @home. Actually what make a person to get ban from AO.?????
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=210 ۯ

UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity. Dennis Ritchie.

Neo

I think you are asking, What makes a person get banned from AO ?

The answer is basically the failure to adhere to the guidelines in the FAQ's. To get an idea, select one of the recently banned members, view their profile and have a look at the content of their posts, that should help answer the question.

Regards

PP

I think that any perm-ban solution would be unenforceable, and would be prone to catching too many innocents. I think the current account-by-account method is better.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency