Thread: DirectX on Linux

DirectX on Linux

Besides for Wine, is there any other programs I can use to load games onto my IcePack or RedHat boxes. I often find myself gaming in my free time or when I'm bored, and lately I have been having the urge to play Warlords Battlecry 2 during class, but I can't seem to get Wine to play it on my IcePack system.

Yes, I have looked into both Win4Lin and WineX. However, they tend to act like Microsoft & Windows 2000. As in they only support certain games, and the implementation of newer games is a slow process. I was just curious as if there was other options? By the way for anyone else Win4Lin is the best way to go out of those options.

You might try VMWare, but other than that I don't know of much else. I think Win4Lin, WineX, and VMWare are pretty much it.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

I tried Vmware to emulate windows 98 on my win2k machine so I could get older games(Dos) to work, but the problem is that it also emulates a usless video and sound card that is not very good with directx so playing anything recent would be hard. I have only used the windows version of Vmware thought, not sure what the linux version will be like

It may seem usless, but if anyone here is a true linux guru who has a hobby of gaming. I would like to see a Gaming in Linux tutorial, and if I figure it out to a T I may soon write one.