Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible solution to stop ppl negging

Possible solution to stop ppl negging

HiYa Guys,

I was thinking today about a possible solution to stop maniacs negging innocent people, just because 'they can'.

How about once someone has hit a limit of negging ppl, every neg after that they give ppl, they get negged as well on the same extent.

I'm sure that may deter ppl from negging others, as they get banned after so many negitive AP (Me things it is -200, correct me if i'm wrong).

Tell me wot you think, i hope you like the idea .

Thanks,

Erm... sometimes a lot of people deserve negs, and this would only ruin the assignments of that. This is totally making the antipoint system something different, and I don't think this idea should be implemented personally.

Stop bad posting

I think the only real solution to recieving reds is to keep the quality of your posts up to par. Excellent posts with "quality" in thier nature are rarely negged. If they are negged however they always earn enough green to balance out.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    There are problems with people giving undeserved negative antipoints. But there are just as many problems with people giving undeserved positive antipoints. What do we do about them? For every positive that you give after a certain amount, you get an equal number of negative? And what happens with someone like myself or negative. Last time I assigned someone antipoints, I gave them 68 points. If I gave 2 people negative points, would I start receiving negative points everytime I made an assignment? And what about remaining balanced? If I was nolonger able to give negative points, I would be out of balance quickly.

The real problem is that people are spending to much time abusing the system and not enough time working with it. I see a LOT of people with antipoints they don't deserve and a lot of people with less points then they deserve. Everyone just needs to pay attention to what they are doing a little bit better. There are to many "aliances" where a group will all give positve points for useless posts to eachother and negative points to whoever they don't like.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Negative Points

Although I am definitely not a fan of negging just because you don't like a person, I think that the APs will balance out in the end for the most part. I agree with antihaxor about keeping your posts up to par. This will help keep the exceptions from hurting your postive point count too adversely. As for the cliques getting together and giving each other positives undeservingly and "ganging up" on those they don't like, that is really immature. I would hope that we have all reached a maturity level where this becomes at the very most an exception (there are bad apples in every bunch). I am sure that if that was noticed and reported to the appropriate party, it would be dealt with in a swift manner.

ok...If I wanted to shoot you in the foot because you deserved it, should I shoot my self as well? NO!

The idea about the Ap system is to allow people to be rewarded for good work, and to give people a bit of a slap when they'v done something that was a bit stupid and/or intentionaly wrrong.

If I were to give you anti-point's it would have to be for a good reason, people who abuse this should face the consequenses, but in doing so, we inhibit the system in working properly, and inocent could get burned for no reason....The only thing I have to say about the AP System is....Maby some one should monitor the MSG's.....well, not all, coz I'm sick of Neg's with no Msg...and I gueass alot of people are, but untill then, We just have to live with it.
    Over all, the AP system is Really good the way it is now.

- Noia

PS:Sorry if I'm a bit snappy, First day back at school.......Uch.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Heh maybe I'm a lil slow on the up-take of this one or maybe I just been gone for a wee biit too long....but there are aliainces now!?

What happened to this being one 'whole' community? What are aliances good for in a place like AO? I thought we were all here to help each other not just the ones in our aliance!!

v_Ln

It's funny, I still get that karate kid speech when I open the page because I havent "balanced" out my antipoints. It seems whenever I come across a post deserving of negatives it's already been blasted til the bar is all the way left.

If you post a lot and you're at least civil, hopefully informative as well, you'll get a lot of green points. Vice versa with the negatives I believe. It's funny I don't think I've been reading these boards for too long but many people with registered dates after mine tower over me with both antipoints and post count. So really, the more you post the more you'll go in whichever direction your posts deserve.

The occasional "ur stupid" or "I'm trying to kill this thread - sorry" antipoints don't really matter in the long run (though negatives from a post you made 8 months ago is always a surprise).
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Re: Possible solution to stop ppl negging

Originally posted here by unixjim
    How about once someone has hit a limit of negging ppl, every neg after that they give ppl, they get negged as well on the same extent.
    Yes, that would be a great idea, and if I neg myself everyone else on AO gets negative points. Make sense? I didn't think so. I don't know which one is more stupid my post or yours.

I think you fall under the One D Ten T catagory.

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by valhallen
    Heh maybe I'm a lil slow on the up-take of this one or maybe I just been gone for a wee biit too long....but there are aliainces now!?

What happened to this being one 'whole' community? What are aliances good for in a place like AO? I thought we were all here to help each other not just the ones in our aliance!!

v_Ln

NOW do you understand the motivation behind the 'vendetta' thread? THERE ARE alliances here, and it would be nice if the system had a way to circumvent said alliances.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...