Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just a thought

Banned

just a thought

<Zor> denial of service attacks
    <Phactorial> No, I haven't done Denial of Service attacks
    <Phactorial> What type of network analysis?
    <Phactorial>
    <Phactorial> What about them?
    <Zor> do you know DOS attacks then
    <Zor> can tell me more
    <Phactorial> No
    <Phactorial> I have to leave in a couple of seconds
    <Phactorial> DoS attacks are always boring though, that is my clue
    <Phactorial> AntiOnline should have information about that stuff

yes i realise its irc etc etc crossing irc with the forums etc etc but i thought this needed to be said
    being a security site we do need this type of info and currently we dont....
    what i prupose is a new section on the site no not a new forum a new section with links to comman atacks how to deal with them and how to recover from them it wil be helpful for sys admins home users and us the users ... users can write them and add them soughta like the quick type where some one screens them then adds them ... but it would grow to be a huge repositry on how to defend against things like ddoses how to stop it how to report it just as an example
    i hope i made my point as im not to good at explaining this and... before one of you says it yes it probably should be in the site suggestions but i thought it would be better in general chit chat first to get peoples ideas and inputs
    rioter

Old Fart
    In other words, a forum or FAQ/TOOLS section dedicated to defending yourself from various attacks? Sounds like a winner to me.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Personally I believe that this would go in the tutorials section, but it would probably be easier to find such topics in their own section. A very good idea.
    This would be more convenient than searching through all the forums, which can be time consuming and pointless when you cant find what you want

P.S. I thought you were gonna go into some skiddie rant for a minute there
    <chsh> I've read more interesting technical discussion on the wall of a public bathroom than I have at AO at times

I think that would be a pretty good idea, i suppose like the tutorials forum except with everything organised properly, and say a submission on the topic had to be made to a senior member or moderator before it was actually put in. That way instead of having to search forums for DoS attacks (for example) it would all be in one neat section. You get my vote

I am all in favor of a FAQ/TOOLS dedicated to attacks. I really haven't read much about that here. As long as it is moderated, I feel that a DoS type forum might attract some skiddies. Overall I know myself and others would benifit from it.
    Civilization. The death of dreams.

Banned
    just to clear something up its not a forum it would be a page with links to all different types of attacks different types of doses code red etc etc that users have submited or jp has writen it will be heavily monitored by a moderator to make sure info is correct and up to date so admins will ahve a place to go to learn what to do what to expect etc
    rioter

Banned
    Yes, of course. Well, I plan to do a DoS tutorial, not on how to perform them, but teaching you how to defend yourself from it. Yes, I might show how they are done, but I don't plan to inform people of the ways to perform a DoS attack. It is for protection use only and is meant to inform. Hopefully, I should be done with it within two weeks.

Why not a forum?

If would be good to compile all the posssible attacks and such into a forum. You could still have each attack described in it's native forum and also have it placed in the new forum. This would make a search of possible 'ploits' ,attacks and such much easier to an uneducated seeker. Since it's your idea rioter maybe you should step up and moderate the forum.

Excellent idea rioter. I have noticed that there isn't too much information along those lines on the site. I think it would be a tremendous resource for newbies and veterans alike. I could sure benefit from it.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Rioter...not bad by the sound of it. Maybe you should ask JP if you could start a tiny section on it...since your around a lot....