Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September 11 - In Memory of...

September 11 - In Memory of...

Today is the day that will reflect a year since last September 11. I'm sure everyone has something they would like to share with the AO community, and to reduce the ammount of threads caused by this. I decided to create this thread. Please post anything you would like to share that is related to September 11.

Outcast Parody "Sorry Bin Laden"

I would like to dedicate this post to Jeremy Glick and George Howard.
    Jeremy was one of the people who helped bring down flight 93 in Pennsylvania.I had met Jeremy in my Judo club and known him for 10 years. He died a hero and i will always remember him. To a great man and a great friend, your memory lives on forever in my heart as well as others hearts. My condolonces go to his family, they lost a great man.

George Howard was my neighbor for many years. He was one of the first to get killed in the attacks. He died a hero. His funeral was the most amazing display of patriotism that i have ever seen. Over 2000 Firefighters and Police came to that wake as well as most of the town of Hicksville New York. Your memory will never be forgotten.

The rest of this post is dedicated to all the rest of the people who had perished in New York, Washington DC and Flight 93. The day which brought the United States together. Your memories will forever live in my heart

-SOIA
    Alright take it ease

I would also like to dedicate a post to all those whose lives were touched by this tragedy. While I did not lose anyone close to me, I lost brothers and sisters in Christ. My heart goes out to all of the families who lost friends, fathers and mothers, husbands and wives, and even children. Hold on to His unchanging hand and he will lead you through these turbulent times.

Peace and Blessings.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I'll dedicate this post to my journalism teacher from last year. Today is her birthday, and it is also the day that the bad thingies happened. It would totally suck to have a b-day on this date, because every time her day of the year comes around everyone else is going to be mourning and sulking, understandly, of course. I just feel bad for her, so here's a post.

I would also like to give this post in the memory of the victims of September 11th. I remember coming home and swiching on the T.V before I started my homework, I was shocked at what happened then, I am still now, It does'nt seem like a year since it happened.
    The day after the attacks I spoke to my friend who's dad goes over to the states quite a lot and regulally had meetings at the top of one of the towers. My friends dad had just got back from a visit over there. He felt lucky to be alive and he was upset because he knew some of the people there from his visits.

Anyway I would like to say my heart goes out to the people's familys of the people who died, They have to suffer everyday because of a few evil people. I hope that one day the people who caused all this pain and suffering are found and they get what they deserver.

I would like to dedicate this thread to all the people who was left behind as a result of this tragedy,as well as all the search and rescue teams who did an excellant job.My prayers and thoughts are with you.

regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

My post goes out to :
    my friend Mike, whom I lost in this event. I'll be at his empty graveside in my hometown later this month.
    My entire family in NY who have lost friends on this day
    All those who witnessed the horrors of this trajedy
    My friend Bill who as a seminarian went to ground zero to help in the search and rescue as well as console the traumatized.
    To the rescue workers for the horrors that they have born witness to.
    To all those that have lost in this. To all those that continue to lose in this.

I wish you all well. Peace out. All due respects to those that have lost.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

I would also like to share something my company did that I thought was kinda nice. Recently, after being re-inspired by the courage of the police and firemen during 9/11, the company decided that we should do something for our "local protectors" to return a little of what they give to the community every day. They asked the local fire department if there was anything that they needed that could possibly make their jobs any easier. They responded stating that they were in need of a thermal imaging camera, used for locating people in areas of buildings where visibility is low or impeded due to smoke and the like, which runs about $12,000.00 or so. My company decided that they were going to buy this camera, but we - the employees - could donate towards the cost if we wanted to do so. We have presented them with the camera, and they were very appreciative, as we are of the service they perform everyday protecting human lives from harm. I thought this was a thoughtful gesture to honor those that risk their lives for us everyday. This post is dedicated to the Men and Women of both Police and Fire Departments abroad. Thank you.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Since I work at an airport. . . I would like to dedicate this post to all the Pilots & Crew members who died that day. And to all the other pilots & my friends who fly. . . . . I thank you for being so vigilant and continuing to do your job after this terrible act.
    Also. . . . I would like to dedicate this post to my cousin who was in the Pentagon when the plane hit. I have no idea if he is alive or dead. Since he works for the CIA. . . there is no record of him. And even if he was alive. . . I will never find out. I just pray he is ok.

I remember where I was the day the planes hit. I was at college. I had just got out of class when I passed the breakroom where the bigscreen TV was. Everyone was huddled around it crying. I had no Idea what was going on till I entered the room and heard the news. I rushed over to the airport where I work. . . . It was like a ghost town. They had blocked all the roads & were only letting workers get in. It was swarming with Cops & K9 units. :::sighs:::

Well. Its one year later. . . .but it feels like it was just yesterday when this happened. I ask that everyone whould have a moment of silence for al those who died that horrible day.

[blur]YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTEN! ! ![/blur]
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

I would like to dedicate this post to my father, Jonathan R. Copeland and my grandfather, Jorge A. Copeland. May they rest in peace and carry on to heaven of being great people to me and to others as they have been. I love you guys, and this entire post is dedicated to them. I want to edit this post and "correct" it since their were problems. My dad was in the first plane that crashed and my grandfather was near/exiting the WTC and died because of falling debris and whatnot. Sorry for any confusion