Thread: Spelling Errors

Spelling Errors

This is a easy suggestion..

When nameing you thread some times we tend to miss spell a word or just make a stupid error or decide to change the name at the last second.. but after hitting post we are unable too..

The feature i ask for is when changeing the first post of the threads subject field it should changes the whole threads subject and not just the field of the post itself..

I accidently wrote "Imagie size" instead of "Image Size" and when i changed the subject my post says "Image Size" but the thread itself is called "Imagie Size" still...

Just a simple suggestion that could be helpfull if someone makes a error or finds a better name for a thread.
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Hi mom!
    This has been reported a couple of times before. It's not that JP is unwilling to add that feature, but somehow, it isn't possible (without re-writing the entire system). I guess we just have to double-check those topics before we post...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Yeah like mine :
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...452#post566452

which I have miss spelled the subject.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

had no idea, thanx for the heads up guus!
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Netsyn

I made an spelling mistake in a thread title posted today, I spelt the word traffic - taffic - lost the "r" somewhere.

I noticed it immediately and went back, edited it and it reappeared all OK.

Guus says there is a bug and I don't doubt him, just strange that the system let me make the change and get away with it .....

Will be more careful in future and not rely on luck

Regards,

PP

I imagine easily some abusers "destroying" the front page organisation with a lot of false errors and corrections. It would be very difficult to trace and retrieve such posts without strong limitations.

After polymorphic viruses, we could inaugurate polymorphic threads!
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--