Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem after removing IE

Problem after removing IE

I just removed IE from my computer by using some software. After that I found all hidden files came out, I went to Tools > folder options > view, found there is nothing in the Advanced settings.

then I reinstalled IE, still nothing in the Advanced settings. Could anyone please give me some idea what happened to me. thanks
    I\'d found my best love, but I didn\'t treasure her. I felt regretful after that. It\'s the ultimate pain in the world. If God can give me a chance, I will tell her three word: \"I love you\". If God wanna give me a time limit, I\'ll say this love will last 10 thousand years!

Not sure if I fully understand but I think what you are saying is you have used a aplication that will delete all ocurances of Internet Explorer from your computer but now you notice your hidden files are gone

Firstly what hiden files are gone? maybe they had something to do with IE so the software just took it out. Were they your own files or do you know for a fact that they were not part of IE.

I know that IE has files all over your computer, And I would expect some of them to be marked as hidden.

Can you give me the name of the program you used to remove IE and I can check it out for you, Also my friend would also like to get rid of IE from his computer, so the name of the program would be helpfull.
    test

Re: Problem after removing IE

Originally posted here by badapple
    After that I found all hidden files came out, I went to Tools > folder options > view, found there is nothing in the Advanced settings.
    Would you mind clarifying this a little. I am not sure that I understand either. I would like to help you, however.

does the software ure using to remove ie have undelete option?? i use fix it utilities and it help undelete option and i can restore my back if i had a problems

What operating system are you running?
    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Ann Landers

Unhappy

well, let me try to clear myself: I used a Chinese software to remove IE6. I really removed it. But after that, I found all files those should be hidden by default, such as boot.ini, appeared. I tried to hided them again, so I clicked MY COMPUTER, then clicked LOCAL DISK (C, I saw those files(boot.ini, command.com, config.sys and so on), then clicked the TOOLS on the top menu, then FOLDER OPTIONS, folder options window came out, selected VIEW from the top of that window, then I saw a field named as "Advanced settings:", If everything was right, I should hided all system files by getting some setting here.

I am runing a Windows 2000 Advanced Server on my laptop (PIII 1000, 256RAM).

hopefully I made myself clear.

thanks all guys!
    I\'d found my best love, but I didn\'t treasure her. I felt regretful after that. It\'s the ultimate pain in the world. If God can give me a chance, I will tell her three word: \"I love you\". If God wanna give me a time limit, I\'ll say this love will last 10 thousand years!

Unless i'm mistaken about W2G, you should be able to control the attributes of files from the DOS-prompt in whatever folder/location of the file you want to modify. ?AO'ers?

sounds to me that the removal software did sone serious system damage. hide/view system files is only a graphical version of the attrib command. there's no reason you you should not be able to change file attributes. windows itself must be damaged

akthough i think your going to have to re-install the OS you might try running the system file checker first,,,its a long shot, but id try it. in the run box type sfc/scannow. you'll need the install disk.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

If I read the Security update by M$ on their help page correctly when you installed IE 6 it changed certian file System.ini cofig.sys and files they didn't specify in winnt so that the OS became depenent on the new files created by IE6... When you removed IE 6 with the Chinese software it removed the files needed by the OS for all of its operations... The security update said that by removeing IE6 after installing it "could cause unknown errors" and was not recomeded...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Red face

thanks, I will consider to reinstall OS again, and then remove IE6 again to see what will happen. but it will be next week, I really got many things to do this week. I will let you guys know whatever I get. thanks again!