Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenge of the banners

Revenge of the banners

Is it just me, or is everyone who was enjoying banner free surfing as part of the 'earned site benefits' package got their banners back? Is this feature being discontinued? Or is it just a glitch?

Anyone know?
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

dunno ntsa its the same at my end to and it wasnt long ago i got banner free surfing oh well its only a small ad any way
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

i don't get the ad just a giant place holder. i thought i wasn't connecting for a while all i had was a white screen
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I just got ad free but I'm seeing the new ad too...
    At least it's not an anoying pop-up...

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Just get Proxomitron and you can surf this site with no banners.

.:whitepower:.

.:whitepower:.

wait a second,

just kidding

Welp, ntsa, I noticed that as well. I got the little techforless banner right now, so I think it's a glitch. Unless the feature/benefit was discontinued. I'm not sure, but nice lookout.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I assume you are talking about the techforless banner. It is a temporary thing for those of us with banner free surfing. I don't know the entire story, but I guess JP got something set up wtih them that if they got x number of clicks, they would hook up AO with really good deals or something. The company really isn't that bad though, so you might want to check em out.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

can someone please give me the address that the ad comes from so i can rem it out in hosts, this is really annoying me...please and thank you in adv.

ive attached a screen shot if anycares to see.

gaze and have mercey!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    hehe their not paying for the ad and its on a trial run... its only temp so jp gets lotso clicks and they send him cool toys for ao in return
    hehe and i would like to finish with a i told you so jp
    rioter

I don't mind the loss of banner-free stuff... I usually have a bit of bandwidth to spare--opening a ton of new topics and reading the first as the rest load. Now, I draw the line at popup ads... But Opera helps in that respect.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency