Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Step Closer to War???

the point isn't if he has 'the bomb' or not. This has never been the issue. thats not the only weapon of mass destruction that he can and will use to kill our family and friends.

the point is, there are ways we can protect our troops from germ and chemical attack but nothing can be done to protect them from a nuclear blast. action must be taken right away.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Just a little different angle with which to look at the whole Blair news conference. It seems that yesterday Al Gore made a speech in CA where he denounced the entire war on Iraq, saying that we should focus on our unfinished business in Afghanistan. Now for those of you who don't know, by votes alone, Gore should have been president rather than Bush, and is still Bush's biggest problem, politically speaking, in the US. Gore's comments had the White House up in arms, calling him a "hack" who is "out of touch" with the rest of American sentiment, which is at best a huge exageration. This move into Iraq is NOT unilaterally supported in the US, and Gore was speaking for a very large number of Americans when he made his speech. It just seems ironic that Blair suddenly has all of this proof now to support Bush. We have seen before the "hand in hand" behaviour of the US and Britain. I just wonder if a well placed phone call from Mr. Bush didn't push Blair into making his sudden announcement. I would like to see some proof of what they are trying to shove down American and British throats right now.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

In 1991 Gore was saying that we should finish the war in Iraq and that by not doing so then we would going back in... In 2000 He said again that Iraq was a clear and present danger to the security of the whole region... Now he is saying wait... Don't go just yet... And that Bush is not listening to the people... This is the same guy who said he wouldn't fight the elections in FL yet did just that for weeks causing Bush to do the same and the people to lose confidence in the election process as if it wasn't down enough... this is the same Gore who wanted to throw out approximatly 11,000 absetee ballots from service men and women overseas because they had an APO address instead of a street address... No matter which way you feel about the war the best man for the job is running the show IMO... If we had a Sore/Looserman Presidency the American people would have been lucky if we tossed a couple of Tomahawks into Afganistan... And Blair has been saying for over a month that he was going to give the people of the UK evidence against Saddam...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Old Fart
    Ask and ye shall receive. Here is the pdf version of the British dossier, which is supposed to detail Iraq's weapons buildup. This is an interesting read, to say the least. I won't push my opinion here, but rather leave you all to form your own.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

I try to stay out of political debate because it's a really quick way to kill your reputation, However on this occasion i'm going to throw in my 2p worth.

*** Warning the next rant solely represents my opinion, and should not be read as fact ***

The dossier released by Tony and chums today contained a large amount of solid evidence from 5 years ago, mixed with massive ammounts of speculation. We were treated to circumstantial evidence of the highest order.

The long range missiles that we were warned about seemed to come from a pre war programme, and a blurred photo. This is not evidence of the ability to throw nukes at Washington, or London. (I'm simplifiing slightly because I don't have the time, or will, to go into centrifuges, or purchases of enriched Uranium in Africa.)

I do not feel that Blair provided us with any compelling evidence that we have the right to wage war on Iraq.

However .....

The plight of the Kurds after their botched uprising resulting from their belief that the allies were going to go into Bagdad, or the harrowing images of streets filled with corpses left after WMD attacks on Iraqi people IS a compelling reason to find Saddam and put a bullet into his brain (after due proccess)

And here's where I get contentious

I firmly believe that George Bush Snr, and the then British Prime Minister (John Major) should be tried as accessories to these crimes against humanity as they allowed them to happen.

The west has known for years that Saddam has been trying to become a major force in the area, and that he's a murderous bastard. (but nothing was done) so what's the sudden hurry ???

I applaud George Bush's plans for a regime change in Iraq, but not his methods. We have seen the rights of his own people erroded in the name of "national security interests" and the general use of bullying tactics towards getting his own way. Flame away people, but I tend to agree with the german Govt, I think George Bush has used social tactics traditionally associated with certain German Dictators. (***but give me credit, I don't think he's about to commit genocide ***)

So if you read this George ... please kill him, but try not to kill too many others in the process (Our boys, or Iraq's).

If you don't like what i've written ... death threats, flames, and Negs to

Saddam Hussain
    Presidential Palace
    Bagdad
    Iraq

Regards.

My opinion is simple: We should have took our Iraq when we had the chance, and in some case's, it is coming back to bite us in the a$$. I don't believe that Bush is a bad president, I do believe that he has made a few mistakes, but that's my opinion. Also, have we ever had a perfect president making perfect decisions and being an all around wise old man? No, nobody's perfect. When people criticise the President, saying they could do a better job, then go to college, study politics, run for office, and (hopefully) make it. Then, when people are questioning you and have no faith in you, you'll understand how Bush feels. I think (IMO) he is doing a good job, however I do agree that maybe we shoulda finished the job earlier, and finished the job in afganistan. Again, this post is JMHO. I'm willing to read any other's as I am deeply into politics. Thank you! -- Jason Copeland

Oh, and as for israel, the only way I can see them entering this war is if Iraq pulls a persian gulf on them and tries to draw them in. In that case, we would beat them either way, IMO. By trying to draw another country into a war, which could possibly lead to WW3, other arab countries will hopefully see that Iraq obviously wants people to help them by doing anything to get that, and hopefully they will realize that Iraq doesn't want peace if it want's to get other's in the fight. Again, JMO.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Well, I have decided to open a conference room to discuss this furthur. Why? Because you can't assign AP's in the conference rooms. This way everyone will be able freely express thier opinions. Here is the room info.

It is room number 72 and is named War. Your key to get in is za9418ja9ko42

Maybe then we can all really state what is on our minds w/o having to worry about AP's.

I tried to enter the room, to no avail. I really want to join, so can you PM me the room key and blah blah. Basically, can you invite me into it through pm? Like I said, I tried using the room number and room key, but it didn't work. Thanks! -- Jason Copeland

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    ya just send me a pm and i'll give you a key. That goes for anyone interested in having an actual say without having to worry about AP's. that is what the conference rooms are for.

Sorry people came of age in the 60's and well are a few of us around. Frankly I've seen this about 3 times in my life now. Media spin spin doctors weave such nobile causes that we as mothers and fathers send our sons and daughters off to fight because we believe. Peace is a hard path, difference in culture as well. I sit around and see some of the most well known corporations in this country now in question over ethics something that should be learned in kindergarden, and attention diverted to a people, way of life and a man I cannot say I understand. I am without work I have children I am over 40 my middle son has a chance to be drafted if this continues. Value is placed first in the home if we cannot take care of probems here then we cannot lead the world. I designed a T-shirt on the front is Americans speak here on the back is a target with All Else Shoot Here. I am sad cause it is my own damn goverment taking aim there.

Peace
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg