Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to make your car invisible to radar and laser!

Yea, there was another thing like this but I forget what it was called. I knew someone who had one and he had no complaints. Its cool though, im not sure if this one is the same but the one he had made it so if he was radard it would flash all these crazy numbers on the cops radar ( like 500 mph them 30mph and some others ) so the cop would never know how fast you are going.

I defenatly could have used this in the past. I had a really bad weekend once going to see my girlfriend at school. I got a 99 in a 65 on the way there and a 88 in a 65 on the way back. I never showed up to court though so a year later I got a notice that I had to pay a $500 fine for the 99 and a $300 fine for the 88 . I also lost my licence for a month.

Then to top it of a few months later (after the incedent , not when I actually paid my fine) I got another one on Christmas Eve ( can you believe that) 40 in a 30. This one was in town so I actually went to court and the DA took me in the back to cut a deal down to a parking ticket and he asked if I had any other speeding tickets. Of course I lied and said no so I could get the deal, got a $75 dollar fine and was supposed to apear back to court after I completed school. This time I decided not to go, Then a year later ( around the time the other ones cought up with me ) I got a letter from them, so I paid my fine and lost my licence for about a month again.

Moral of the story: Go to court and pay your fines. They make it so it seems like you sliped threw the cracks and they forgot about it but when you owe them $$ they never forget. They only forget when they owe you $$.

Oh yea, they never found out about my other tickets so I got away with it.

---Edit---

Oh and I dont know how it is in your state but in NY you have the right to see the certificate of calibration on the radar gun. They love it when you ask them for it . If your lucky if it hasent been calabarised in a while you get off.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Originally posted here by Tek Weasel
    Terr,

On my defense. I had an 18-wheeler on my tail, and a car racing me on my right hand side (I wasn't racing), but he was staying on my side so I couldn't get in that lane. I speed up just to get out of the way of the trucker, and a police car pulled out a mile and a half up the street.
    And why exactly was it necessary for you to speed up to avoid the trucker? Sure he looks imposing behind you, but just backing off the accelerator slowly isn't anything he can't handle. Let the testosterone poisoning victim get ahead of you before moving over to the right lane. I have no idea why you thought speeding was the best solution. (Also, had you been paying attention, you would have realised this was going to happen, and changed speed/lanes accordingly)

If you really want to have your car invisible to radar, just stick it in some bushes and don't drive it.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

I always been curious about the fact that the maximum speed limit in all roads at last in europe is 120Km/H but they keep doing cars that can easly speed up to 2**Km/h+, isn't this curious?

I know that this isn't directly related with the original purpose of this thread but...
    -Mamma... Mamma... I want to let school !!! - kid
    -Why my dear? - Mom
    -Because i heard in television that some guy was killed because he knew to much!!!-Kid

In a prior life there was a defense attorney who was very expensive and very successful. He would act like a viper in court, and if he beat you (seldom) he'd meet for coffee afterward and tell you how he did it, and pay for the coffee. If you beat him (most times) he'd meet for coffee afterward and bitch at you for being a smartarse or something, and you'd pay for the coffee. Either way, it was coffee and a training session afterward. One day he found me running radar on a quiet highway, came screetching up all excited and said he had this amazing device that he could put on his dash, dial in whatever speed he wanted me to believe he was going, and my radar would read out his choice. I sez; "OK, Bob, get on up there and dial in 55 (the limit on that road) and come in at 65, no faster, so i don't have to pinch you." He heads out about two miles, turns around, sets his little magic box for 55, and comes in at 68. I'm talking to him all the time over the CB, telling him what his speed is, and it doesn't drop off until he is so close that the increasing angle between us drops his speed indicated to zero as he passes. But at no time did his device fool the radar. He came back all p1$$3d off, asked me why it wouldn't work. I told him it was a matter of energy; his black box could not transmit sufficient energy to offset the energy developed by speedxmass of his car. He gave me the device so we could play with it. A week before, he had given me a "fuzzbuster" that didn't work any better than the black box.
    Observe the speed limit, AO'ers, it's there for your personal safety. If you're doing 80, and the car coming at you is doing 80, that's a closing speed of 160mph... or about 240fps. If that dude makes a mistake when he's 480ft from you, you got less than one second to get clear off the road before he hits you headon. Get the picture..............???????

I always been curious about the fact that the maximum speed limit in all roads at last in europe is 120Km/H but they keep doing cars that can easly speed up to 2**Km/h+, isn't this curious?
    This isn't accurate. On the Autobahn in Germany, there is no speed limit for some lanes. You can go as fast as your car (and you nerves) can handle. I know this because I have a German friend who was doing 150 along the Autobahn for his driving test. He passed.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Originally posted here by smirc

This isn't accurate. On the Autobahn in Germany, there is no speed limit for some lanes. You can go as fast as your car (and you nerves) can handle. I know this because I have a German friend who was doing 150 along the Autobahn for his driving test. He passed.
    Yes, Its true. I live in The Netherlands and I also got lots of friends that just went to germany to test the speed limit of their cars.
    Bleh.

Lol, i know that there are some segments of road in germany that doesn't have speed limit, but it seems to me that this isn't a strong reason to build fast cars, is it?
    -Mamma... Mamma... I want to let school !!! - kid
    -Why my dear? - Mom
    -Because i heard in television that some guy was killed because he knew to much!!!-Kid

Some states are trying to ban radar detectors and I was curious as to how they can ban something detecting waves. Is there a way to send a counter wave at the radar to diffuse the signal? That would be better than a detector.

Originally posted here by owen76
    Is there a way to send a counter wave at the radar to diffuse the signal? That would be better than a detector.
    Phazer II
    Rocky Mountain Radar introduces a device designed to make your car electronically unreadable.

Here's the funny thing about radar techniques... the SIZE of the target doesn't matter as much as the SHAPE of the target. That's why you have things like the FY-117 which are so stealthy. The optimal shape for a stealthy object is a tetrahedron, because it is a 3D shape that is most likely NOT to have a surface perpendicular to a radar source/reciever.

Hence, 'stealthing' your car isn't really possible. Jamming the signal by transmitting bogus return waves is another matter. As for laser prevention... I'm not sure. Theoretically speaking, the laser should be able to take a reading long before any circuitry on the car would even be able to recognize that it's being 'shot' at. Come to think of it, same think for a radar pulse, if you just used one quick pulse without warning...

Unless they're jamming all the time, in which case I wonder about FCC regulations... *muse* *muse*...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency