Thread: Encrypted Passwords for Free Internet

Encrypted Passwords for Free Internet

Hi there,
    I'm not promoting anything illegal, im just merely sharing some procedures in which I have stumbled upon.
    A while back one of my old friends introduced me to a skript kiddy program called Sub7. Sure, I admit, I
    played tricks on my friends but that was neither here nor there, It grew disintristing fast; but yet I stumbled
    upon something that could be useful.
    For test purposes I installed the virus on my computer and connected to it. I, unable to afford internet at the
    time, had a free internet service provider, but I wont go into detail on what it was. My little mind got to thinking.
    "If I didnt connect through this program, could I finally get rid of the banner and disconnects?" So I tried
    connecting through dial-up networking with failed attempts.
    Later, I used the program on myself to gather passwords from the RAS (whatever that may be), and !POW!
    my encrypted user-name and encrypted password had been recorded in there through (possibly?) cache.
    I try to connect again through DUN with the information I had collected and, confused as i was excited, it
    connected.
    That lasted for about a few weeks until my account had been deleted.
    By no means am I incouraging people to do this to avoid paying for internet, it can sometimes be an alternative
    if such a DoS attack were bestowed upon it, but I myself am paying for access.

--Just my $.02 for the free world of knowledge

Is this a tutorial bro? I just think you are sharing an experience.. Sorry, correct me if I'm wrong, I just don't think this is a tutorial.

www.snadboy.com
    Revelation, an easier way to recover windows passwords.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

This is an old trick. I believe you are talking about juno. A very old trick. Juno eventually cancels accounts not using it's software. And though I dislike having banners and software add-ons, juno provides a great service, free internet, and that is really great. I used to get past the banners as well, but I didn't want juno to leave my area or anything, they provide a vaulable service and I appreciate the free net connection. Please don't cheat a free ISP, though we all dislike having all kinds of weird ads on the top of our screen, it is the price we pay for a great service. I mean, what if you had no internet connection at all? I use broadband now, but I still use juno for online games because I like the lag.

EDIT: This isn't a tutorial, and should be moved out of here. This guy just wanted to brag about his getting past banners on juno it would seem.

My apologies, I am not necessarily bragging about getting around the banner, I just thought it would be a good implication on how to obtain passwords on the local machine. I was just sort of glad that I figured something out by screwing around on my own. But if I am to be looked down on, by all means, please delete this posts

Well, why would you want to cheat a company that provides for you a free serice that would otherwise cost at least $10? It isn't fair, and it isn't right. Most people already know fo this trick also. And even if you meant to hint on how to obtain passwords, it still wasn't a tutorial.