Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Righteous Judges...

welp, i got that pic off his site and i'm looking at it. what i did was to sharpen it up a bit and blow it up to 200%. you can get the edited and unedited versions HERE.

what it looks like to me is that the gif is a 3D rendering of the immage in the middle on the left transitioning into the one on the botom left. the gif isnt much more legable than the blown up sharpened jpg, but you can definatly tell that the scribles inside the shelves near A and B are both "25". the x4 next to each letter i assume is to mean "four shelves".

now, what ISNT in the gif is where it shows what is labled as "Cx6". its the small rectangle between the two drawings of the shelves..it looks like its got "105" up at the top(a length?) and either "553" or "558" inside it(maybe thats suposed to be the area?).

i think two points of interest are the little squigly lines in both of the pictures of the shelves. in the first there is one(kinda shaped like a backwards C) and annother is more of the right half of a "U", and its got something written in it...kinda like a messed up 4 or something. not sure.

take a look at the blown up sharpend one and see what you think...a lot of it is still pretty un-readable.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Banned
    I have to run in a few, but here's the explanation of the last hint... Haven't had a change to look into it further yet... Especially the animation at the bottom of that page is fascinating (click the 'Opnieuw'-button to start it over)....

PS: after the national television-news did a story on the site yesterday, the site went down...

um, neg, if you get a chance can you post up the gist of what that link says? i'm pretty sure most of us cant read it ourselves :-P
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

OK, i gotta get back to the boat, but i was telling my wife about this mystery. She listened quietly, then said; "That's easy!". I says; "Oh yeah, it's been the crime of the century for a lot of people and there is a lot of money at stake". She says; "Well, all you have to do is think about it and you got the answer: Goedertier was an accomplished, technical artist. He painted another picture over the Righteous Judges... probably the one he did of an important portrait or another significant piece. Anyway, it's under one of his paintings that remains on display somewhere and is worth a lot of money by itself."
    Gotta run.

Banned

Update

In a little over two hours, the hiding place will be revealed (don't shoot me though if it all turns out to be one big joke ).

For those of you still wondering about how the painting was hidden, I translated some stuff to English and mirrored it here .
    This clearly explains how the panel has been hidden.

Now the only question left is: where? Belgian police will be informed about the hiding place a couple of minutes before 7pm...

Here are the original hints (in Dutch).

It's also the site where the real hiding place will be revealed...

If it turns out to be one big joke... welp, at least I enjoyed myself.

Edit/Update: The hiding place has just been revealed... There's no update on the actual finding of the painting yet though...

Final update: Belgian police searched a little church where, according to 'Arséne Goedertier', the lost panel could be found...

They indeed found a hidden place... They found a hole in the wall with the exact same measurements as the panel... It was all there like Arséne had predicted... The only missing thing was the panel... Experts are unanymous: the painting has been there at one time...

Let the search go on! Without me this time, though