Thread: plea for help

Exclamation plea for help

today at work i was listening to the radio and was confronted with tales of such heartache and sorrow that i couldnt even begine to describe the sadness that welled up within my very soul..they were having a radiothon for st judes childrens hospital in memphis tenn..as i live in the relative locale about 2 hours away its local common knowledge to me and everyone that lives in this area what a powerful force of good they really are. most of their support comes from donations and volunteers. i consider myself a tough hardened man. but what i heard today tore my heart into as though it were made of paper. so as duty to the human race dictated i came home and visited the websight and made a donation...i would ask nothing more than those of you that read this visit the websight..check it out. if you dont feel its something youd be interested in...dont do anything...but i ask you to remember..who out there doesnt have a sister or brother,mother or father sons and daughters. in short there are people out there suffering deeply and as members of the human race we all have a responsibility to one another. lest we be no better than beasts of the earth. in the last few years i have seen that the online community as a whole can be a powerful force for good. the computer elite/security community being no exception..i think its time we broke through the sterotypes and misconceptions the media and hollywood has created and show the world that were not just a bunch of evil,shallow heartless people sitting behind keyboards bent on nothing more than preying on hapless everyday people who lead honest decent lives. i mean c,mon people..its for sick kids..everyday these people help children from around the world. and do all they can to ease that suffering for the kids and their familys...how can we all sit back and just watch? i cant. i certainly hope that you cant either..this world is still worth fighting for and i sincerely hope that some of you will answer this cry for hope and human spirit by visiting the websight and doing the right thing in helping these heros continue their good works of kindness and human caring. if this is wrong of me to ask for your help then flame away..all i am asking is visit the websight here . do the homework..and make a decision based on your own inteligence and whats in your heart. in short we all fight for our own causes and all find a place to make our stand..today im making mine. and i ask you..what cause could possibly be more just than to ease suffering and pain in a place where it should never be allowed to enter...the heart of a child. to those of you that respond by helping i salute you and your honor and spirit will never fade. may the powers that be bless you with all that life has to offer. i thank all of you that read this for your time and patience in the reading and please forgive me for the vent..this has just awakened something within that leaves no room for sugarcoating or half measures. again thank you for your time and patience. InterKnight

Actually, I'm just about to donate to the "Semi-decent grammar and formatting for web posts" society.

Remember kids, if no one can read it, no one will.

Btw, I thought this might be a scam, but it doesn't appear to be, as there is a St. Judes Childrens Hospital, and that's their website. (as listed on an american hospital directory)
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

no i do not work for them nor could i care any less about what you think of my grammar etc. i saw a cause that i felt worthy of note and im standing up for that..if thats a problem then perhaps i was wrong in my thinking that maybe..just maybe there would be some form of decency left on the internet..and as i said.....flame away..for i could truly care less about anyones personal opinions of me or my manner of writing. ive stated nothing other than fact and have nothing to be ashamed of. nuff said. and yes there is a real hospital with a real websight and i stand to gain absolutely nothing from this other than the knowledge i tried to do something good for others. do with this as you will. say what you like. no skin off me. but seeing as your obviously more concerned by my manner of writing rather than the actual issue. i guess it wasnt worthy of my time after all...thanx for pointing out certain points to do with posting here. learned my lesson and wont repeat the mistake again. as i said. thanx for your time. sorry to bother you. later.

I did read the first 3 lines then got lost...
    Started over again and got lost at the 4th line, and then I gave up...

Using your enter key would have helped the St-Judes Hospital a lot...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Although the intent was very honorable, I don't believe most people will respond well to a whining attitude of, "woe is me, nobody is decent online anymore, and I'm the only one that cares". Maybe you should try a more equality based approach next time instead of trying to make yourself look like the only respectable person on this site.
    The radiance of ignorace in a world of nothingness and all of this time your pestilence has created nothing but uselessness

There are a host of worthy causes, most of us have to decide which ones to identify with closely enough to support. A while ago we had a very valid humanitarian project, all we had to do was each send in a buck and we'd have had (at the time) about US$116,000.00, enough to make a difference in the worthy cause and at the same time "bail out" one of our favorite senior members who was being held "hostage" (with his prior permission of course) for ransom that we were asked to come up with. All they asked for was a buck each from at least a few of us. I got into my "next 'puter stash" and sent in twenty bucks, not much, but it made up for 19 others who wouldn't send in, i figured. ...Bottom-line problem was, our member had to sit in the slammer for so long waiting for us to bail him out he probably got embarassed and wrote his own check to make it look reasonable and get out of psuedojail. In fact, the last time i looked, my check hadn't even been cashed yet, so much for the bookeeping at some charities i suppose. Anyway, i don't know why i got off onto this rant, but there it is anyway. I'm sure St.Judes is doing a great job and is a worthy project, ... but i already got several other places that i've committed to. Sorry about that, InterKnight, but you'll have to take care of my part of that one. At least i'm being honest about it, right?