Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Snipering

Maybe his rifle is scoped. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but a good rule of thumb is 3 inches high at 100 meters will be about zero at 175 to 200 with the .223. How close am I 4midget?
    Pretty close Chuck56... My Remigton 700 is zeroed at 300 meters... I shoot 3 inches high at 100 meters... Depending on who manufactured the scope asuming he is using one I would guess that he prbably zeroed at 100 yards and just knows his weapon very well... My .22 is zeroed at 50 meters and at 100 I shoot about 1/34 inches low if I hold on center mass...

Hrm, 1 cm of movement in any direction from 150 Yds away is about 10 feet when it reaches the target, So he is pretty precise
    Actually 1 cm will translate to about 10.5 inches at 200 meters... (SOURCE: Sniper Training and Employment)

its completely mental - i heard one report which said they are having problems catching him cause they can't trace where he bought the rifle...apparantly the gun laws state that all companies manufacturing weapons must provide a sample bullet fired from every gun so that other bullets can then be matched with the gun and then traced back to where the weapon was sold but in america it only applies to handguns and as he is using a high velocity rifle they don't have any samples to compare the bullets to - sounds really messed up to me
    I agree with you man he is mental... I am pretty well up on gun laws in the US and I don't recall the one you are refering to... I do remember that the Brady Center For Handgun Violence wanted something like that put into law but I don't remember it ever passing... It is very doubtful that this guy got his weapon from a gun shop... If he did not steal it I would guess that he baught it from an individual or had it baught for him by someone else...

Flying a plane into a building takes no skill... And to answer your question, No, I dont respect them... Although the guy may be living out one of his sick fantasies as god, I still think he is a good shot... And I WILL NOT change my opinion.
    Thank you for clearing that up man... the way it sounded to me was that you had respect for this guy and what he was doing... Saying you think he is a good shoot I can agree with... I do not respect him for it but I can agree with you that he is a good shoot...

Hrm, This guy is probably ex-military... I dont think he will be caught.... If he will it will be due to a friend of his ratting him out... He wont give up and the cops wont catch him... He will continue killing until someone he knows realizes that its him
    I think that he maybe someone who wanted to be in the military but was either kicked out for one reason or another or he couldn't make it through basic and got the boot... I will be very suprised if it turns out that he spent any amount of time in the military at all...

I dont think these people are being killed at random... They mustve done something, the cops just cant figure it out (or wont reveal it)
    I disagree with you on this one tty0... Multiple races and ages have been targeted... What could a 13 year old kid going to school have done to this guy? In his twisted a55 mind they maybe connected in some way... They all had purple hair or some otehr crap like that... But I don't think they will find any connection other then they were all targets of this sick SOB...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

Just a note about people who are not accepted to the military. Eric Harris, one of the Columbine shooters tried to enlist, but was turned down because he was on the antidepressant Luvox. After that he quit taking his medication, a few days later he and Klebold went into CHS on the shooting spree. I know its not a major revalation, but it is an interesting connection.

ps - if there are any mistakes in this post, pm me, cause im super tired and can barely see the screen.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

i think the sniper is a hunter and he has very little milltary time or he is a survivalist gone mad any one who would shoot at civillans has to be mad and has no value for human life
    noble_darkwolf

I think that whomever decided to be "God" and shoot all the unconnected (as of now) innocent people should not only be punished severely, but put out of the country as well. This peson or these people are forcing the communities in Maryland to hide and be afraid because they are too scared to come out of hiding and admit their guilt. Perhaps if one of their close family members or friends was injured or killed in the same manner, they'd understand what the people who've witnessed the killings or are related/friends with the victims are going through. Having to worry that you're oing to be snipered is a terrible thing and if that's what our "beloved" country is coming to, then I want out.
    I love pizza...........Do you?

Havent heard that newz but maybe their are terrorist group just want to spread terror in the city or just a hire killer pay by other peoson to do that and make some confusion on the terrrorst act or murder ive only think that well i hop ethat they'll caught those person we sure dont want to walk on our street if that thing happen and maybe thay can get help from other civilians if they cooperate

Hrm, Maybe its 4Midget

I haven't bothered with the news today. Guess the nut took the holiday off or is lying low for a while. Another thought that occurred to me. People are scared and cautious in that area now.

If I were him, I'd disappear for a while. I'd sit back and let everybody forget and think I'm gone. Maybe I'd spend the time doing something constructive, like painting the truck or van. When things are relatively back to normal, hit again.

OK i haven't had time to read the whole thread but I can shoot a Lee Enfield .303 at least 1000 yds and keep it within 3" under semi rapid fire. I have to admit this is on a range, but to put things into perspective you can shoot a .22 150 yds and kill someone.

Hrm, Maybe its 4Midget
    No man I only go after people in the IT field who have t, v, l, k, or m as the first letter of their screen name... Oh crap I guess that means I'll have to start stalking myself again...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?

My mom lives out there and she's totally freaked. Who ever is doing this is a nut.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.