Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's speech - 10/7

Actually, I do not know why Bush suddenly wants to act that fast. America has waited ten years without doing anything except some failed hidden CIA missions in the northern of Iraq. And suddenly he wants a solution within weeks. Why not send new inspectors and see what they tell the world? I really get the impression that Mr. Bush is seeking a reason for bombing Bagdad. Why? Is it because of the oil? There seems to be something fishy.
    If the problem was Saddam himself, it would be sufficient to kill him. But you do not have to start a war just to kill one person. I do not believe that 3/4 of the population of the Iraq would remove Saddam as it was stated by gghornet. Otherwise it would be easy to reform that country.
    These people hate the Americans and their allies and one can not say that the Palestinian conflict does not play a role in the whole scenario.

I think the question is not why but when. Do we go in and stop it now or do we wait untill he stockpiles more of this stuff.

Originally posted here by gghornet
    What proof are people looking for exactly?The proof from inspectors that aren't allowed in the country,or when they are,are told where they can and can't go.The proof from the head of their nuclear development program who is working for the US and British governments because he's afraid of what Saddam will do with the huge stockpiles of chemical and biological agents that he has.The proof of nearly half of the agents we took from him last time we were there disappearing before we could get them out of Iraq.The proof that he launches missiles and fires anti-aircraft cannons at US and British planes patrolling the no-fly zones on a daily basis.The proof that he kills his own civilians just to make sure his weapons are in working order.The proof that 3/4 of the Iraqi citizens would remove him from office themselves if they had the means to do it.
    In a word....YES!

Think about all the things you just listed above. Now, how do you know all those things? White House press releases? We know the inspectors have been turned away...we can confirm that from the UN. The only other thing I have seen confirmed on that list above is the number of times that Iraqi soldiers have fired on US warplanes. I can see that's going on from Iraqi, British, and US news sources working independently. I'm not one to yell 'Conspiracy', but I'd like to see some of evidence they are using to make these decisions. Some members of Congress aren't too keen on signing off on a new war-powers act based solely on the word of Mr. Bush.

I would have no problem with a lot of this if I had some other corroberration to these statements. Has any news agency verified the existence of 30,000 litres of anthrax agents? Where is this Iraqi scientist who defected? Has any news agency been allowed to speak to him?

I'm not doubting the credibility of Mr. Bush (I haven't had reason to yet), but I wish that he would offer up a show of the intelligence he is using to base his decisions. I also understand his need to maintain security about how he knows most of this stuff, but Congress should at least be able to see this evidence. They're our elected officials. They make the decisions we want them to make (sometimes ), and they need all the facts in evidence to make those decisions. That's all I ask. If Mr. Bush can prove his case, and Mr. Hussein continues to violate every sanction imposed on him, you have my permission to make all of Mr. Hussein's presidential palaces a series of glass parking lots.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

I think Pakistan is a much greater threat than Iraq is.
    They already have nuclear weapons and the
    ballistic missiles to deliver them. The unpopular
    military dictator is sitting on a powder keg of
    fanaticism and resentment.

The easiest way for Islamic Jihad types to get nukes
    would be to overthrow the Pak. gov't.

If we make war on Iraq, the radical Shi'ites and the Kurds
    will tear the country apart. Turkey is already afraid that Iraqi
    Kurds will foment revolt among Kurds in Turkey.

It will be impossible to impose a single regime upon Iraq that
    could hold the country together. There is no way that
    the people of Iraq would willingly accept a pro-US
    regime, so, as soon as they were allowed to have elections
    they would vote for the US occupiers to get the hell out,

So we would be in the hypocritical position of saying that we wanted
    them to have democracy, but preventing democracy in practice
    because of our unwillingness to accept the outcome of the elections.

Vietnam?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Originally posted here by rcgreen
    I think Pakistan is a much greater threat than Iraq is.
    I agree. What about the other nations on the "Axis-of-Evil"? Are they next on our hit list? North Korea has a nuclear weapons program, as does Iran. Why aren't we more worried about them?
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

Lightbulb in 91...

In the golf war in 91 my house [in israel ...] was boombed,
    so i know (well almost know) that iraq is dangerous not to israel but to all world...
    Iraq needs not to have a nuclear weapons to be a threat financing terror its enough
    think about it...!

Am also an ANTI WAR people I haven't heard about Mr. Bush speech but what im pointing is that Iraq haven't done anything yet!!!! so there no way to panic if they didn't allow the US inspector maybe becoz they must follow the rules first before permiting the uUS Inspector and just follow what UN organization say's PEACE !!!!!!!!!

I dont want to get into politics (this is not the place...) but Iraq is doing alot
    to help teror all over the world...

A lot of people act as if the US is the only country that acts out of it's own interest. You know why Russia and Germany are against attacking Iraq? Iraq owes them money, lots of it, and if we attack them they'll never see it.

Not everything is one huge conspiracy, it's very simple. Each country has their own best interest in mind, and they decide on a moral platform based on that interest. Very similar to the every day activities conducted by every person on the planet.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

Originally posted here by uzix
    I dont want to get into politics (this is not the place...) but Iraq is doing alot
    to help teror all over the world...
    And pray tell what exactly is Iraq doing? And please spare me the rhetoric.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara