Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bush's speech - 10/7

In 1985, President Ronald Reagan received a group of bearded men. These bearded men I was writing about in those days in The New Yorker, actually did. They were very ferocious-looking bearded men with turbans looking like they came from another century. President Reagan received them in the White House. After receiving them he spoke to the press. He pointed towards them, I’m sure some of you will recall that moment, and said, “These are the moral equivalent of America’s founding fathers”. These were the Afghan Mujahiddin. They were at the time, guns in hand, battling the Evil Empire. They were the moral equivalent of our founding fathers!

In August 1998, another American President ordered missile strikes from the American navy based in the Indian Ocean to kill Osama Bin Laden and his men in the camps in Afghanistan. I do not wish to embarrass you with the reminder that Mr. Bin Laden, whom fifteen American missiles were fired to hit in Afghanistan, was only a few years ago the moral equivalent of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson! He got angry over the fact that he has been demoted from ‘Moral Equivalent’ of your ‘Founding Fathers’. So he is taking out his anger in different ways. I’ll come back to that subject more seriously in a moment.
    Entire piece here. It's a brilliant article, I suggest anyone remotely interested in "blowback", the CIA term for when a past "asset" comes to bite'em in the ass.
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

Blowback is the result of these covert-ops types essentially comporting themselves like gangsters. It's all about the power for these people. It goes to show you what hapens when you give these people unlimited resources and no rules or limits, material OR moral. How's about no more secret governments, people........
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

OK gonna speak my mind like I know how not to. First off no disrespect but Bush is from Texas and well in those parts you don't mess with stuff. Well did not like his daddy much is like a repeat really of like 20 years ago. But we have that Texas family stuff, fact is his daddy blew it during Desert Storm, and well young son is out for revenge sort of like you don't dis my daddy Texas syndrone, he's got his own **** kicker boots now. Fact is the US $ with all the corp rip off's are bad but to devert attention to his daddies war 20 years ago? (I'm old 10 and 20 seem the same) is not an option to me. Thing is I remember the first Bush, and his bird and he could not spell patato (e)<option or tomato (e)<option, and go figure his daddies thousand points of light brought a son that's at best a dim light bulb. Go figure Texas your big but the world is bigger and not to scuff the toes of your sh*t kickin boots I don't understand a war 1/2 the world away when in our own country people line up at food banks not because they do not work they do but after the corps take their profits they have no money to buy food for their children. Media spin, and so you all know I fully support the men and women that swore to defend this country at least they put their bodies where most other mouths are. I am simply sad that I must see these young people well for that matter people of all ages placed by is Texan sh*t-kicker you dised my daddy person. The people that serve have honor the people elected cover their life style, and the people of honor die for their cause.
    Peace
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

heh look gang, were all going to get what we want. Saddam is caving in. And hes caving in ONLY because the US and the UK are swingen' their balls. he's been thriving in this attitude of whimpism. Hes a bad man, hes going to hurt people, you, me and people we care about. I think its about time we ALL get together and tell him "your an evil man, doing nasty things and were not going to take any more. Give it up before we all come and kick you fugen ass." and you better mean what you say because this guys a punk. if he thinks for half a second he can get over on you, he will. hes depending on the soft hearted, easy touch western mind to keep it from happening....not this time saddam.

And for those of you that don't want to help, don't worry, you wont even have to say thank you when your cities don't blow up.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ted you got Senior status here on points not life remember that War is an easy thing Peace on the other hand is most diffcult. Yes 9/11 happened why because we could nor sort out the crap. Tell me so I may understand how anyone in business can sort out the hits on a firewall in a day, what is a script kiddie, what is information. Fact is all the kidz fog the system. I will not buy into a WWII commie mentality. See thing is I think 9/11 didd what it was intended to do make us all believe that we are all gonna blow up. Fact I cannot stop some nut case life makes one a target, some simply explot that simple fact...after all you may cross a street and be run over, have what ever accident. Seems history has delt with cave dwellers long ago..place your child in harms way then ask why you must when as a man you will stand before the child and family. My 3 sons cannot fight a battle they do not know but I understand as their father...Peace is a diffcut path
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

what im saying is if we ALL act now, saddam will fold and there will be no bloodshed. if we wait until he's ready their will be. How many years until you sons are over draft age?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I have nothing against taking out Saddam, he's scum and deserves to be put out of his misery. But I question the motives of this Adminstration.

Two-hundred
    \"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.\" -- Dom Helder Camara

But we have that Texas family stuff, fact is his daddy blew it during Desert Storm, and well young son is out for revenge sort of like you don't dis my daddy Texas syndrone, he's got his own **** kicker boots now.
    Bushes father didn't blow it in 91'... The Gulf War went exactly as far as the UN said it could go... There were those who wanted to take Saddam out then but the Globalists said that is not what the UN mandated so you have to stop....
    Go figure Texas your big but the world is bigger and not to scuff the toes of your sh*t kickin boots I don't understand a war 1/2 the world away when in our own country people line up at food banks not because they do not work they do but after the corps take their profits they have no money to buy food for their children
    The majority of people that"line up at food banks" do not work... It has little if anything to do with corperate profits and more to do with the fact that it is easier to sit on ones butt then to work... I have had to work two and three jobs to make sure I had food for my children when it would have been so much easier to go get the welfare and food stamps...
    I fully support the men and women that swore to defend this country at least they put their bodies where most other mouths are.
    I applaude you... If you really mean what you say then write your congressmen and represenatives and get them to give raises to those who serve... As the spouse of a service member I know only all to well that the members of our armed forces are not paid anywhere near what their service is worth... Most service members are eligible for food stamps and other forms of welfare... Most DO NOT take it... they work extra jobs outside the military, their spouses work, they do the best with what they have... And you will never hear them ask for anything from those they willingly serve...

I am simply sad that I must see these young people well for that matter people of all ages placed by is Texan sh*t-kicker you dised my daddy person.
    any one who has seen war is saddened by the fact that we are once again at war... Since we are at war I for one am very glad that we have Bush as the Commander in Chief... IMO if we had Gore in the Oval Office we would have been lucky if anything would have been done about the attacks on 9-11...
    \"Nuts!\"- Commanding General 101st Airborne Division Dec 1944 in answer to German request that he surrender Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge
    Life has a certian flavor for those who have fought and risked it all that the sheltered and protected can never experience.- John Stewart Mill
    White, Hetrosexual, Christian male. I own guns, hunt, eat meat, burn wood, and my wife wears fur... Any questions?