Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Banned Games

Banned

Question Banned Games

Hey All,

I was recently introduced to a banned/unreleased game by EA called Thrill Kill by a coworker. When searching on the net, it came to my attention that EA decided not to publish this game due to graphic theme and graphics. However, after playing this game, it seems to pale in comparison to todays games like GTA3 and SOF2. Now my question to the users of this site is, does anyone have any knowledge of any other game banned or unreleased or even tuned down for "our protection and humanity". I'm building a database of games for either pc or console that has never seen the light of day because someone was thinking on our behalf. I'd like to show people games they could have been playing had it not been for our rights being infringed (ie: freedom of expression, freedom of press, freedom of THOUGHT)

P.S. BTW I know about the whole videogames are banned in Greece (which can land you in prison) and that certain, "violent" games are banned in Thailand and Germany (games like; Doom, Mortal Kombat, Requiem, Blood were mentioned) I also know that some country, states, provinces, etc have banned GTA3 due to it's graphic nature and suggestive content.

Once apon a time there was a briliiant game called Postal. Made by running with scissors .inc (great name isnt it ). I believe this was banned in America, and other places like Australia which is where i am.
    The storyline goes something along the lines that your some nut who has gone 'postal', and decieded to grab a gun and kill anything that moves. The whole idea behind it is pretty nuts, and to add to the effect in the game, wounded ppl scream and roll about for hours on the ground until you execute them, to end the level everything has to be dead, to quit without finishing involves you commiting suicide.

mmm off to find it again!! sounds like fun!!

Banning .. Is it Possible ??

and to add to the effect in the game, wounded ppl scream and roll about for hours on the ground until you execute them, to end the level everything has to be dead, to quit without finishing involves you commiting suicide.
    Does anybody thought how much effect, these games had on the small children. I feel these cruel sceneries will be having a big impact on children than people like us and it will decrease their ability of humanity.. Hmmm saad..

I feel such games need not be easily available for children atleast. But is it possible??

Can there be any laws that set an age limit for different classes of games ???

Personally, i like to play strategy games like Ageof Empires, Commandos etc

Does anybody thought how much effect, these games had on the small children. I feel these cruel sceneries will be having a big impact on children than people like us and it will decrease their ability of humanity.. Hmmm saad..

I feel such games need not be easily available for children atleast. But is it possible??

Can there be any laws that set an age limit for different classes of games ???
    first off tom cruise please dont try and take threads off topic tyger_claw asked if any one has heard of any unreleased or banned games

tyger_claw>> there was a big kick up here after a game called school yard slaughter was realeased after the dunblane massacre i dont know if it was banned in canada or the U.S though
    i will give you a link i think this game was for the amiga and PC the first link is for the amiga if you have an amiga you can download it from here and give it a shot

http://www.users.bigpond.com/james.jacobs/abandon.html

well if your interested in finding out more on this you know what to do
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Banned Games

I have played Postal it was a good game, but it was a bit sick when the ppl scream when you shoot them like mupp3t said

Some people have hang up about games and videos like - At the end of the day who gets hurt in a computer game or video. The problem so many people think Games and Videos mess with your mind. I disagree to a certain extent. I have watched violent films and played violent compter games from a very early age 6 horror movies and I do not have any violent impulse even when some one pissed me off on Friday night in a pub I will not exgage in violent acts unless attacked first which I haven't todate.

However some people kids or Adults will copy what they see. I believe people like this have some sort of mental disorder to start with and the game or video will trigger violence yes this may be true, but won't something else trigger this violence in these people.

The answer is simple make sure the right people play the games etc If someone has a problem with this then simple don't watch it or play etc.

BTW Prodikal yes dublane massarce was really horrible, but did this guy play computer games no - He was f**ked up in the head. I reckon School Yard slaughter must of been developed by some sicko - Big game designers like EA would never develop something like that, But Generally I can't see why anything should be banned unless it sick.

Zorolord what has that got to do with tyger_claws post hes asking if any one has heard of any BANNED or UNREALEASED VIDEO GAMES

why do people insist in trying to change the point of threads in the first place

tyger_claw >> some more links if your still interested *because i got interested in this now* its quite interesting

http://www.angelfire.com/stars/anton...vetgames1.html <<-- these are early banned title from the 80

thats all i have found the now i all i keep turning up is banned and unreleased games for older systems atari's etc
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Banned Game

Postal was banned in America - I think I was right ? It was a good game

I was just getting the point over that some sad B**tards like banning them and they must have some sort of hang up

I didn't want to change the thread it just people who want to ban games piss me off so - I will keep to topic from now on

I recently saw something on a news show that had some games that were only available through some "hate" websites. These games were not commercially released (I don't think a publisher in their right mind would do so). It was a game where you're objective was to shoot and kill as many minority people as you could. You got extra points for babies and old people etc.. It's a sick world.

I do have a off subject comment (sorry prodikal) What's the difference in killing say a hooker in GTA3 or mowing down folks in medal of honor? If you look at most first person games and probably 60% of all other games. The main objective is to kill something. Isn't killing wrong in any sense? I am interested to hear what people think about that. I don't enjoy games that involve killing of people. I do enjoy strategy games and flight games. (I still blow tanks etc...that's killing to I supose.)
    Luck--TSM
    Atlanta, GA

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Games have come a long ways since Pacman, Dig Dug, and Spy Hunter...violence sells (just look at movies) as does sexual content. I'm a hardcore gamer, having played SOF2, MOHAA, Postal (loved that game, can't wait for Postal 2), RTCW, GTA3, Diablo (1&2), Age of Empires (all versions), and countless others. Why is it a game like GTA3 or Postal is so "violent" in comparison to AoE2 Conquerors where you're simulating REAL races killing other real races?

My hangup on it is that the people making the laws for these games and such aren't gamers, aren't even computer-aware to the level that gamers are, and the parenting going on nowadays isn't helping at all.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

ah yes, this is very interesting, now that i've read about it you've got me hooked on the topic too, ill look around for some more when i get home from school. ive played Postal a few times it was fun and in some ways amusing, especially when you need to take out some rage on something, play postal for a while and, your calm as can be. thats the only one i know of(some friends from canada gave it to me), like i said, ill look around for some more when i get home from school.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.