Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: God Vs. God

Post God Vs. God

I figure today is a good day to ruffle some feathers. Here goes...

What is up with this "My God is better than your God" bulls**t? People have had this syndrome since the beginning of history. More blood has been spilt in the Crusades, Inquisition, holocaust, ethnic cleansing, and now this jihad s**t than any other conflicts. And why? Just because some fool thinks their god is the "one true god." Has anyone ever wondered if all these gods from all these different religions could be one in the same? How do we know how to worship? How the world started? What will happen when we die? A holy book written by man... And we all do know that man is faluable. Really, if you think about it, why would the "one true God" show his/her self to one geographical location and then leave the rest of the world out of the loop letting them come up with their own ideas? With that said, why do people insist on "saving" other peoples souls when they are actually worshiping the same thing, but only in their own way? Maybe we should learn to accept other religions--both the positive and negative aspects. Maybe then we could understand the true meaning of religion--real spirituality.
    Love is the only reality of the world, because it is all One, you see. And the only laws are paradox, humor, and change. There is no problem, never was, never will be. Release your struggle, let go of your mind, throw away your concerns, and relax into the world.

Dan Millman, The Way of The Peaceful Warrior

Not even I will touch this one, you're just asking for trouble.
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Re: God Vs. God

Originally posted here by fallenstar
    , why do people insist on "saving" other peoples souls when they are actually worshiping the same thing, but only in their own way?
    I could go into this for hours upon hours, but to answer one of you questions swiftly.....

We do this, because in in the Holy Bible it states VERY clearly that there is but one way to have a relationship with God the Father. And thats through Jesus Christ. We belive that only after accepting Jesus as the Son of God, that we can be with the Father. At that point we are to follow the techings of Jesus Christ.

If we all followed these, the way he wanted us to, we wouldnt have HOLY wars.

1. Be Ye Kind to one another.
    2. Love thy neighbor as thyself.
    3. Judge not, lest YE be judged.
    4. Turn the other cheek.
    5. Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, body, and soul.
    6. Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.
    7. There is no greater gift than for a man to lay down his life for a freind.

Another thing Jesus was all about was the fact that the gentiles(non-jews) had no saviour. Jesus came to save us all. He said this....and so did alot of people...

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.

I would like to see some of our Jewish and Muslim members speak up and kinda sum up their philosophy as well.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Different names. Allah. God. Another one. And another one. different people call God different names. Whether you are Catholic, Muslim, Protistant, Johava's Witness, Baptist, whatever; God is the same God.

Some people think they have to be Baptist or they have to be Muslim or else hell for them. I believe that as long as you believe in God, you are entitled to being whatever you want to be for God gave free will; and if you use that will wisely and not disrespect God by becomming a Satanist or an Athiest then you are doing his will.

Regards,
    Silentstalker
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

Its all a matter of having faith in something, anything really, just so we don't feel like we are alone in the world. Sometimes its better to be spiritual, and not religious, becaues most religions are interepreted by man, and over time change with human influence. Pretty much to each his own, because we all have to make our own peach with which ever diety/dietys we choose.

Nay, we have still stronger evidence of the proposition for which I now contend, viz.,that a sense of Deity is naturally engraven on the human heart, in the fact, that the very reprobate are forced to acknowledge it. When at their ease, they can jest about God, and talk pertly and loquaciously in disparagement of his power; but should despair, from any cause, overtake them, it will stimulate them to seek him, and dictate ejaculatory prayers, proving that they were not entirely ignorant of God, but had perversely suppressed feelings which ought to have been earlier manifested.
    http://www.smartlink.net/~douglas/ca....html#four.htm

God is not a fool. He is patient, but he does keep score. The thing that
    ought to worry us is that he will not obey us, or live up to our expectations,
    he's so stubborn, and insists on doing things his way.

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
    And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
    But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
    http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/k...DIV1&byte=1477
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Eveyone knows Zeus is the best god.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I'm very curious as to the other point of view. I believe that some people are not posting because they are afraid of being negged. Personally, I will not neg anyone that has a differing view (only if your post is stupid ) My purpose of this post is to learn a little.

(Sorry to those that hate people mentioning APs in posts but I thought it was necessary)
    Love is the only reality of the world, because it is all One, you see. And the only laws are paradox, humor, and change. There is no problem, never was, never will be. Release your struggle, let go of your mind, throw away your concerns, and relax into the world.

Dan Millman, The Way of The Peaceful Warrior

I personally believe we all believe in one God, but we just worship him/her in different ways.

I dunno, the thought of God keeping a point tally is kinda strange. How do we know we're in the clear? If only God had a point center online to check how we are doing ~.~

Though, I don't believe God keeps score. Just my opinion.

Take care,

::Chelle::