Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man & Woman

It's all about perception Raven. I don't look at my wife as being inferior, and I think that I should share in the joys and responsibilities of taking care of a household/family. However, over the years (many years!), the role that women play in everyday life has been trivialized, when really - we couldn't exist without them. Many men look at staying home and cooking and cleaning as a job of less importance then working a 9 - 5. And when both man and woman work full-time, the woman's job is more or less trivialized as well, even if they hold similar job titles.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I am a woman, not inferior to my husband. I make more than twice what he does per year. Futhermore he works under me at work in our autobody shop. I know more than he does about cars and power tools. We share the housework equally. We leave work at work and home at home.

Our relationship is fantastic, we share everything equally. Not one person we know makes fun or belittles him, they all respect our relationship and many wish theirs was the same.

We have mutual respect and a great friendship. We have been together for 13 years.

Anyone who thinks that women should be stuffed away barefoot and pregnant, is the guy that will end up alone when it's time that we all need help just to make it through the day.

Just my 2 cents.

Good for you zaggy. Your relationship sounds terrific. I wish you many more years of happiness!

Smile

Thank you t2k2!!

I have more of a problem when men think housewives just sit around all day and watch tv. I believe they work harder than most people at their jobs and then get screwed when they need social security because the time does not count as work credit. I think another problem is women who think they can have both (great job and family). One will suffer and usually it's the children. I'm not talking about the single mothers that have to work. I'm talking about the ones that have a providing husband and are working so they can have another mini-van.

I can understand your gripe owen. My wife stayed at home for about 3 months with our second child, but she couldn't take it. She wanted to be somewhere outside of the house working. I don't necessarily agree about not being able to have a "great job and family" part. My wife works full-time, and we are still able to spend sufficient time with our children. As of right now, if there was anyone's job that would prevent them from spending time with the kids, it would be me. I am on basically on call 24/7. However, I can see what you mean (kinda) if you are talking about the Mom/Wife having a really demanding job. Jobs like that can be really overwhelming. She used to work in retail management, and it was a b1tch! Those of you out there that have worked retail know what I mean. I did it for some years, and boy, was it tiring. Anyway, I think it's really about balance (even though there are only so many hours in the day ) I have know women that are able to balance a thousand tasks (exaggerating, of course) and still have time to spend with their families. I don't think that this makes the family any less harmonic. Anyway, I could be totally off from what you are talking about. If I am, I apologize.

Smile

Well Conf1im3d_k1ll I'd have to say that's a pretty good possibility considering I went to Catholic schools all through grade school and junior high,but if you're implying that I feel threatened by women,you're way off course.I think it's great that women can seek out whatever form of employment they want.As a matter of fact a lot of them make better leaders than men,because it seems to me anyway that women don't tend to have the one sided views of race,religion,and politics that many men have.(Obviously that's not true in all cases.)
    [shadow]I don\'t believe in anarchy.If you\'re not smart enough to beat the system it\'s your problem. [/shadow]

You have a point there. There are a lot of women I know that work very effectively in positions of power. I don't think they are lacking at all in the leadership department.

Smile