Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird 'Page not Found' Error!!!

Weird 'Page not Found' Error!!!

This is really weird. Visit any invalid page at www.coolnessdojo.com and see for yourself...
    Hi! I am new to these forums.......

tek weasel, by an invalid page i mean just enter the address of a page that you are sure does'nt exists there...

for eg. try www.coolnessdojo.com/hehehehehehehheheheh
    www.coolnessdojo.com/thisisreallyweird.htm
    http://www.coolnessdojo.com/arethese...somemoreofthem
    Hi! I am new to these forums.......

Smile

I liked that. Very funny. I'm still laughing.

Pretty hilarious! BTW what does electricity taste like?
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Its def. better than the default one. I hate those 401 errors. I'd like to see more sites do stuff like that.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

ok, thats was pretty funny, but on a related note how would you go about implementing a custom page not found error on a site?

do you need to be the actual administrator for the server or could you dont it on a page hosted by an isp or provider of some sort, just interested thats all

mrleachy > I think you should program the whole host the way that all the dead links direct to a custom "page not found" and the servers admin should do that for you. Like the pages that host in angelfire.com which have thier own "page not found".

Cheers
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    - Albert Einstein

mrleachy.... if i get what your saying you might want to check out http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml

through a .htaccess file you can do many things including specifying your own ErrorDocuments
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Mucolaca - thanks very much for the link you provided, it was exactly what i was looking for, if i could give ap's you would be getting greens but i havnt got enuf to

er0k
    yeah htaccess is basically all you would need to edit, there should be files and/or scripts in apache or other server programs that you can easily point out. probably in the config file.