Thread: Game over - 86 nonstop hours later

Post Game over - 86 nonstop hours later

I ran across this article and I have been considering the implications of what happened and what would happen in other countries.

The gyst of the article is that a 24-year old Korean man played online games in an internet cafe for 86 hours without stopping to eat or drink and ultimately died.

If this had happened here in America the internet cafe would probably be sued by his family for letting him "play" himself to death, when the responsiblilty is clearly, at least in my opinion, on the man who killed himself playing computer games.

Hrmmmm...me thinks this was already posted here...only a few days ago too.
    And there was also a reference to a child that died when he had a fit and hit his head on a table or something...his mother is now sueing Nintendo...Good Luck to her with that.
    tragic stuff really.
    but i suppose "death-by-gaming" isn't really top of any countries health risks list anyway, theres always things like smoking and bigomy.
    if only everything was in machine code

I heard about this over a month ago..

I think you can't blame the cybercafe . . I don't think any of the staff was there paying attention to how long the man was playing..

Hell I don't think any of the staff were there most of those 86 hours..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

It's hardly a good advert for Sid Mier is it? (If you've never heard of Sid Mier please ingonre this joke )

No - I've had games of Civ last that long - but I know where F3 and the rest room are.
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

You know something is wrong with the world when a 24 year old requires mommy and daddy's supervision to live their life.
    \"It\'s only arrogrance if you can\'t back it up, otherwise it is confidence.\" - Me

yes Wizeman - by 24 he should have had a wife to supervise his life
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

Originally posted here by ntsa
    It's hardly a good advert for Sid Mier is it? (If you've never heard of Sid Mier please ingonre this joke )

No - I've had games of Civ last that long - but I know where F3 and the rest room are.
    Oh god, don't get me going, I can see the CD lurking in the rack.

Oh well that's me toast for a week :-)

I heard about a guy who played everquest for 36 hours straight and died. Games are getting to be addicting. I wonder what game(s) the korean guy was playing?

ha, my gf and I have stayed up for literally hours (more than 30) playing Dungeon Siege, taking turns going on beer runs, ordering pizza, and runnin' 2 the bathroom and puffing up pack after pack of newports. I think we went thru an entire carton of ports, three bottles of Olde English and like four orders of Big New Yorkers. Wipes you out, horrible 4 ya health, n' its hard 2 concentrate w/ so much beer in ya system but hey thats one thing that makes it so fun